• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Color Goes Good With Copper?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evowatercooling

I am in copper country and decided to make the inside of my case copper. I drilled all the rivets out today and started painting. I was going to use a brighter green on the outside but now I am not sure how well that will look. What colors would you all suggest.

PS right now my computer is sitting on some cardboard on the floor in front of me. It looks kind of cool actually.

Oh and I was also wondering what color lighting you would suggest. I already have blue lighted fans and fan controller. I would like to stay with the blue lighting but will change if necessary.

Thanks
Chad Deraps

Other than chrome, I can't think of anything that goes good with copper, maybe black, nice contrast. That's a toughie you created for yourself there. Maybe head down to your local auto paint supplier, get some sample cards from them, then check them out against the copper. :)

The case is an Antec 1080amg. I think you are right, I do have my self in quite a pickle. I think the black would be a nice contrast. Do you all not think that a bright green would look good. I wanted to stay away for the black norm. but maybe a mirror finish black would look great. How about a deep blue with a mirror finish?

Black and copper do look good together, a classy look, I made a Lambo model once, called for copper accents on the engine, looked great with the black. I shouldn't comment on the green(but I will anyhow), I figure green looks good on plants, trees, and grass, and that's about it, heh heh heh. :D

I used a candy green on my waterblock holddown...looks cool. The pic has some flash shine on it, making the green quite a bit lighter, but it's an emerald green.
Duplicolor metalcast paints (metalic flake base, green overcoat).

And lots of colors go well with copper: Saphire blue, black, dark green, and even bright yellow. There's a gorgeous midnight blue metalic SUV paint that almost became the color of choice for my case...

FurtherCloseup.jpg

Diggrr said:
I used a candy green on my waterblock holddown...looks cool. The pic has some flash shine on it, making the green quite a bit lighter, but it's an emerald green.
Duplicolor metalcast paints (metalic flake base, green overcoat).

And lots of colors go well with copper: Saphire blue, black, dark green, and even bright yellow. There's a gorgeous midnight blue metalic SUV paint that almost became the color of choice for my case...

Have you tried spraying the Metalcast directly on chrome yet, with no undercoat? Very sweet, tried it on a wrench, that paint is awesome, gives a cool effect. :thup:

Last edited:
I'll second a green, I know that forest green would go very well with copper.

Oh yes just where is copper country for you? I live in Butte Mt. which at one time was the largest producers of copper in the world.

I live in Hougton Michigan, or atleast I go to school there. Actually the reason I am using copper is because I bought it to use on my GFs christmas present. I think I am going to go with either the Dark Green or Dark Blue. I am hopefully going to get a window with a picture of a gremlin on it laser etched. I will post some pics as soon as It is all finished.

Thanks for all the input.

Mmmm. 20 miles from copper city, and 50 miles from copper harbor....purty drive! I was up there for my honeymoon.

Anyway, just about any color looks great with copper in my mind. If it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd make my whole case from it.

ok i figured it out. I just went to walmart and was looking in the automotive section when something caught my eye. It was Kameleon Kolor from Plasticote. The color is copper and green, just what I wanted. I am going to test it out on the top of my case tomorrow. I think it is dark enough to get a good shine. Only problem is the $8 price tag per can, and they are small. It is only 6 ounces. I also forgot to get some primer for it. It will cost me about $50 for it all but I think it will be worth it.

If you want art and color theory ideas for your color, and copper being a redish orange:
Complimentary color scheme - copper and greenish blue or blue
Split complimentary - copper, green and red violet
Triad - copper, blue violet, yellow green.
There are the tetrads, but that will have 4 colors for each type of tetrads.
These color scheme are naturally pleasing with eachother in those groupings listed.

I personally would pick a dark blue.

Back