• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i take the gaps out of mp3's (i want to make them seamlessly loop)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

will provide short and long versions of this question (if you dont understand the short, read the long):

SHORT VERSION:

Goldwave inserts gaps in the music of MP3's (at beginning and end of each song) how do i get these gaps to go away?

(cutting them away in goldwave and resaving dosent work because goldwave just puts them right back in)

LONG VERSION:

I have a bunch of WAV loops that loop seemlessly (you cant tell where it begins and where it ends, there is no gap in the music)

I used goldwave to convert them to MP3's but they started "hiccuping", when i looked closer, i saw that the MP3 files that goldwave made had gaps in the beginning and end of every song...

So i went into goldwave and i "cut" the gaps at the beginning and at the end of the songs and told goldwave to play them in a loop, and whalla! they loop correctly!!! It was the gaps that goldwave made that was the problem....

But heres the catch.

When i attempt to save the files as their respective MP3's Goldwave inserts the gaps again, effectively cancelling out what i just did!!!

ummm try a different program, if all your doing is converting wav to MP3 there are tons of shareware and freeware apps that can do that for you and in my experience I dont see any "extra" stuff put into the songs. One I cna think of off the top of my head is 'Alto MP3 Maker' its shareware I beleive. can download it from www.tucows.om

This problem does not seem to be program specific.

So far i have used a multitude of programs and they do the exact same thing, i have used:

Goldwave

Soundforge

Audacity

And all insert a gap in the mp3 at the beginning and end of the track.

The gaps you are hearing is the program changing to the next song. You might try making one large mp3 file and then play it in a loop.

Z

the big problem here is download speed. For the application that i will be using this for, i need the smallest filesize concievably possible.

So a huge mp3 is not an option, also wav is also not an option.

Actually, from my experiance, all problems that save MP3s will add a shot silence to the file, which is probably due to compression. WAVs arn't compressed the same, so you won't hear any space at all. When I have things like albums that are continuous, but I want ot burn to a CD wihtout gaps, I just rip the original into WAV, burn it to CD, and put it on my server as an MP3 album.

You need to plugin a MP3 codec for audiograbber to work properly. I love audiograbber.

If you still have the original discs, re rip them into WAV format. This would be easiest. Then use a program called Super Sound Joiner (PM me for more info about it), and then encode it back to MP3 with RazorLame (Lame is still needed to encode BTW).

Back