• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Started up folding again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spec_Ops2087

Hey all,

Some of you might remember me from probably, oh boy, 3-4 years ago where I was on this site everyday. But anyway, figured I'd plop in and mention I've started up folding again, to many family friends are getting cancer and needless to say I feel like I should be doing my small part in a much larger picture.

I will say, things have surely progressed. I remember 3 years ago when my (now ancient haha) Dual MP2000+ processors could churn out WUs like no tommorow, now it takes more then a day with both of them chugging away! Good thing since then, I added a PS3 that folds when its idleing (damn thing is powerful!). I'm also proud to say my 2Ghz Intel Pentium M processor, my girlfriends athlon XP 3500+, as well as my friends intel dual core and his PS3 all also fold and naturally I told them team 32 :)

So again, just saying hi. Any idea why the stanford website says I have 0 processors in the last 7 days? I'm guessing none of the systems have finished any WUs yet (just started them the other night).

Jonathan

Welcome back!! :clap: :clap:

One rig has turned in a WU, according to Stanford, but EOC hasn't received that updated data yet.

It should be on EOC's F@H stats page, at the 3 a.m. update.

Hecks yeah!!! :attn: :welcome: back!!!

We love new, I mean, old blood. :D I think you'll find many, many new avatars around here... but also some familiar ones as well.

Sounds like you've got a some farm'age going on... I'll be happy to see you climb the ranks of T32 once again.

I know something you could do to help the team even more... PM some previous Folders that you knew and see if you can get them to come back to Folding for 32.

Welcome back. We are very glad to have you again. :)

Is Spec_Ops2087 your folding name?

Correct :)

PS3 finished a WU yesterday, my laptop and secondary desktop will each finish one later today (estimating). My SMP server won't be finished for another few days, its working on a protein with 500,000 frames :eek:

Watch out for the deadlines for the smp WU's. Most of them have a 3 days preferred, and 4 days for their final deadline.

FahMon might help you monitor that:
www.silent-blade.org

Back