• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT WORKS!!! First Build Success!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drk_Legion

Registered
I started a build sometime last summer and had all the parts starting in December. For a long time I would get the BSOD when I tried to install windows. I had some friends look at it. They tested the memory and the processor then told me everything was fine. So I replaced the motherboard that came in the Intel retailedge package I recieved with a superior board. That didn't help either. I found out that the memory I had originally was not compatable with the board I had. So I sold the memory I had purchased for profit (thanks craigslist) and got new memory. That didn't work either. Finally it dawned on me that the processor was bad. The RMA went smoothly. At last, I have a working computer.

Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Processor: Intel Q6700
Case: Antec 900
PSU: Antec 650w
Memory: 2gb Corsair XMS2
GPU: BFG 8800GT
HDD: 320gb Western Digital
DVD/CD:Lite-On
CPU Cooler: Zalman 9700

This was easily the most frustrating and rewarding project I have ever done.

Congrats! Building a computer is a lot of fun, the hardest part is always the "omg its my first time, what if it doesn't work!??!" Good thing you got the bugs worked out.

Also :welcome:

Nice job dude.. the first build is always most exiting/stressful with all the unknowns.

edit welcome.gif

Grats man the build I have in my sig is my first build as well. I finished it in february, not the greatest but I'm mighty proud :)

Welcome to the Forums!

Congrats, yeah figuring out whats bad is always a challenge, especially when you don't have two similar builds to check parts on.

:welcome: and Congrats! I just recently accomplished my first build too, so I know how ya feel. Lets see some pics of the beauty.

P.S. From here, it becomes an addiction.......you have been warned. :D

Lol, for me it was the opposite. I refused to upgrade anything for 3 or 4 years after my first build (Athlon XP 2400+/9200pro) because it took a week to work out the kinks. The only reason I did upgrade several years ago was because it stopped appearing on the minimum requirements list of games.

But yeah, now Im upgrading something something every 3 or so months, and Im reassembling it every few weeks. Drug addictions have nothing on computer addictions :)

Just out of curiosity what was the processor you had before? My friend seems to have the same problem with his computer (all hardware is tested to be stable, but gets BSOD in games)

:welcome: and Congrats! I just recently accomplished my first build too, so I know how ya feel. Lets see some pics of the beauty.

:welcome: and Congrats! and like oldschool said::: From here, it becomes an addiction.......you have been warned. :D

Back