• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU to render 3ds Max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

probably an nvidia card for 3ds max but who knows, what would be the best bang for the buck. can be a range from sub $100 to ~$350.

once the job is finalized it will be sent out to a computer to do a complete render of the enviorment so it'll be strictly a render computer.

guy liked our idea for a render farm made from trash computer how ever when you have money for a computer and are rendering 3d as opposed to rendering videos with no budget like we are it kinda defeats the purpose and depletes our stockpiles

I would recommend this because it has two Gpu's in one card and will destroy a gtx 580 in rendering with 672 cuda cores. It can also overclock like crazy and has great cooling.

Most CUDA cores possible. Best option IMO would be some 480s for $200 but they're super inefficient (really hot, draws tons of power).

might consider the new GT640, 384 cuda cores on the new kepler core. no need for a pcie connector on the power side of things and for 2gb card is $99 up to $109 depending on brand. not sure how much the ddr3 would effect performance for your needs. their is some hope that someone will have GDDR5 card out but i wouldnt hold our breath. if i recall correctly kepler will be less power full for GPGPU work vs femri.

Back