• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Printer half printing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Hey guys. Had a problem for a while, but never really cared about it enough to fix it. Now i have a research paper due monday, and i do care. Lol.

Anyway, for a while now the printer has been odd. Half the page would be fine, and then the other half would be so light you can hardly read it. The printer is a brother HL-2040. Nice little printer, fast, quiet, etc. I belive it's an LED based printer. It has toner, and the drum SHOULD be good for another ~9000 pages. I've tried everthing i can think of. Cleaned off the drum, the little wire thing over it (had a thing you slide back and fourth for that), cleaned out the window for the LEDs, and cleaned the brush down in there. (there was a lot more toner on the right side of the brush than the left side, yet the left side is what comes out faded) After all of this, i have one little square in the top right corner of the page that will come out like it should, and then as you go down, or left, or both, it gets progressively lighter. Comes out EXACTLY the same every time.

Let me know if you need any more info... really like this printer, and hope it's a simple fix...

Back