• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Use my SB LIVE 5.1 or onboard 6 channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'll get different opinions on this. If it were me I would try the onboard first and if the sound quality wasn't what I was expecting then I'd try the SB Live 5.1. I have an 8RDA+ and the onboard Sound Storm was pretty good but it wasn't as good as I was expecting so I disabled it and am using my SB live 5.1 and that works great for me, to my ears the SB live has better sound quality and I have yet to hear any stuttering or pops with it. It also gave me a small performance boost as well :thup:

Use your ears, the onboard for some reason does some wierd noise things at times but not on all mobo's.
What speakers?? If you have just some 2.1's or something towards the lesser side sell the SB while you can get some cash for it.

i'd use the 5.1 cuz it is more likely to give better sound quality. Unless you have speakers higher than 5.1 that is. Or sell the SB and use onboard if you arent that bothered

I'd use the Live 5.1, it should have much lower CPU utilization; and will sound better.

Back