• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 9800 XT overclocking results?? Good???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Major Azzwhoopn

Registered
Hey I got a question for you. I have an ATI 9800XT. and using ATItool was able to overclock GPU core to 440 and memory to 380. are those numbers similar to what you are getting or hvae seen or heard about?
I have ASUS P4C800 Deluxe, Kingston HyperZ PC4300 DDRam 1GIG (matched 512M dimms), ATI 9800 XT, Raptor 74G 10,000 RPM SATA Drive, P4 3.2 Northwood, and SONY 52/32/52/16 CD/DVD ( i think on the CD).
I am still struggling with overclocking the Main CPU, FSB, and Memory. Was able to use the auto +20% to get to 3.84Ghz. But I think I should be able to get better than that with manual tweeking. Also I have CPU and GPU liquid cooled, With the above overclocking settings both processors are running only about 3- 5 degrees Celsius above ambient.

Not sure of best location

Some of the questions overlap with both areas where these posts are I apologize if it is bugging anyone. With motherboard settings related to AGP card. Which is best?? with modifying CPU timing and it affects memory and FSB speed what is best place??
Again Sorry to anyone bugged by this.

Some cards just overclock better then others that overclock I would say is pretty good since I can only get My 9800pro to 411/376.

Back