• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake 480 butterfly adjustable rails?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

i have the psu in my sig, and am wanting to adjust the 3v rails so i can give my ram a bit more juice. I wondered if any1 knows if these psu's have adjustable rails and how would i go about reading the voltage change without a multimeter?

Thanks

Nope, no pots in those. Only psu's i know for sure that have pots inside are:

Fortron
Sparkle
TTGI ( has 1 pot)
PC P&C

There might be others, but i dunno about them. Maybe the other guyz here can share that info :)

Also there's no other sure fire way to measure the rails other than the multimeter method. Measuring voltages with software is not 100% accurate.

The TT butterflys and silentpowers have adjustable rails this thread has a picture of where they are. However it does not have an adjustable 3.3v rail and frankly I wouldn't worry about the 3.3v rail as much as the 12v rail which will hold back your oc's. Also are you sure your ram will last very long at 3v or more.

Hope this helps

Back