• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanted New Gaming Monitor!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioAngel

Registered
Im in the market for a good , fair priced 17" or 19" monitor any suggestions on what brands are the best or even the most reliable? I pretty much just want a reliable monitor for gaming! I've been looking but all those specs start to run around the page after awhile! so im just looking for sum input!

BioAngel said:
Im in the market for a good , fair priced 17" or 19" monitor any suggestions on what brands are the best or even the most reliable? I pretty much just want a reliable monitor for gaming! I've been looking but all those specs start to run around the page after awhile! so im just looking for sum input!

A really good one we use at work is called ''LACIE'' flat screen very high resolution and runs a .25 dot pitch at worst! - I don;t remember all the stats but it is one to look at.

I got a samsung SyncMaster 955df 19" that has been good for me for gaming

not too expensive

.20 dot pitch is what its rated at and can give some very nice pictures

well, there are the Sony monitors. Then theres everything else. . .
get a sony trinitron (oh yes, they do cost a little more)

get a Samsung Syncmaster or a Sony Trinitron, when paired with a ATI Rage Fury Pro both of these monitors looked abo****ely beautiful, colors and picture quality was amazing, but i havent really gamed on the syncmaster (its my dads) because he inherited the Rage Fury Pro, pair that with a PIII 450 and youve got some really shoddy fps (25-30 in UnreaL).......

funnyperson1 said:
get a Samsung Syncmaster or a Sony Trinitron, when paired with a ATI Rage Fury Pro both of these monitors looked abo****ely beautiful, colors and picture quality was amazing, but i havent really gamed on the syncmaster (its my dads) because he inherited the Rage Fury Pro, pair that with a PIII 450 and youve got some really shoddy fps (25-30 in UnreaL).......

oh yeah the Trinitron gamed pretty well....

The Samsung SyncMaster 950p is rated #1 "Best Buy" in PC World Dec. 01 issue. "Superb image quality for a reasonable price, plus easy to use on screen controls..." $205.64 + shipping at Provantage. Out of Stock at the moment.

I have an HP M900 that I picked up used at a computer show for $99.... what a great deal. .22 DP, Onscreen controls for everything my heart desires.... does 2000something by 1000something resolution when paired with my GF2MX....

I have an LG 795FT Plus, which is a great 17" monitor...I believe it's between .20 and .23 dot pitch, and it has a USB hub in the back! Really handy, actually...I would recommend it, but only if you can only get a 17" monitor. If I could do it over again I would go with a 19" or higher, anyday.

I've got no complaints about my 17" BrandEx monitor (Komodo).
If you want to go bigger than 17", just make sure that you have the space on your desk; those things can get huge.

I've got a 21" nokia multigraph 445xpro. its about 2 years old, I think viewsonic bought them out. Any way I absolutely love it. I think the viewsonics are really nice. So I'll throw in another vote for them. My friends does have a Sony and It looks real nice, but after lookng at 21" I could never go back=)

They're great, given that you've got an extra desk to put one on.

I haven't shopped for a monitor online yet. Does anyone know if there's a rating system for the curvature of a monitor? If I get a new one, I definately want a monitor with less curvature than my current one.

Back