• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

csp 750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Filth

Registered
I just got all my watercooling stuff today. And it occured to me that the csp 750 pump needs to be plugged into one of the MB fan plugs to run. So how do I test the system for leaks if it needs to be plugged into the MB? Anybody have experiance with these pumps?

Use a 4 pin to 3 pin adapter, or just wire it up yourself. Red is 12v, black is ground. (yellow is RPM sensor, but that doesnt matter)

I think he means how he can run the pump without powering the MB. I learned this from somebody else here in the fourm (thanks!!!).

Turn off your PSU. Unplug the PSU from the MB (including the little square power connector). Take a piece of wire and insert one end into the green wire plug on the main power connector and the other into any of the black wire connectors. Then turn on the PSU and it should power up.

Someone confirm this before your try it though. This works with my OCZ PowerStream.

That is correct, green to ground (black) starts up a psu, but make sure there is load on it. Just wire the pump to a 4 pin molex.

Back