• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noooo wrong bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cookiethief

Registered
so i am trying to flash my bios right? and i do? only i thought i had a nfs7 when i really have version 2.0!!! and so it says 'cool good job now you gotta restart' with the flashing utility they use and im like okay great i win. i restart and it wont post! obviously this is my stupidity -- i didnt check revision good enough. but is there any way to fix this? i tried to dump the CMOS with ATX cable, power supply and battery all disconnected. am i screwed? any help appreciated.

PS- i dont get the supposedly ubiquitous "beep" when the board startts up atall!

also, it looksas if the mobo is working properly technically. the fans all start up and the proper lights go on and stuff. cry. input much appreciated.

can you see anything on your monitor? unless you can flash your bios to a correct version, you might have to contact abit and get a new bios chip.

i didnt know something was wrong until the computer wouldnt post. and no, it doesnt post to the monitor :-\. how do i go about reflashing it with a similar nfs2 mobo? a link to a guide would be awesome, thanks so muchfor the input.

Last edited:
cookiethief said:
i didnt know something was wrong until the computer wouldnt post. and no, it doesnt post to the monitor :-\. how do i go about reflashing it with a similar nfs2 mobo? a link to a guide would be awesome, thanks so muchfor the input.

I just got done doing the same thing to my friends mobo(about 1/2 hour ago)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335156

That should give all of the info you need. btw the process works, he now has the most updated bois and everything beeps like it should.

Read the thread and you'll know exactly ehat you need. If you dont anybody with the exact same board you can go to excaliberpc.com and they have "savior chips" preloaded with the latest bios for the NF7 for about $20. Better than waiting for a couple of weeks(RMA). Just read the thread and you should be good to go. :clap:

Back