• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th3 F4ll3n P1mp

Disabled
Im looking for a good usb mouse. Im gonna use it on my gaming desktop when I get it, but its going to be a laptop mouse for now. Budget is 55 bucks maxxxxxxxx. I dont care if its wired or not, though I hear wired doesnt lag like wireless ones do.

:welcome: to the forums!! :D

I highly recommend the MX518, ive had mine for a few years and will be buying another if this one ever dies.

I would recommend going to a place like Best Buy where you can try each mouse. ;)

I would recommend both the Logitech MX518 and G5, even the wireless G7. They're all great mice. I myself own the Rev.1 G5 and it's perfect for gaming. My brother owns a Razer Copperhead and the shape is very different. The performance of the Razers and Logitechs is pretty much the same, it's the shape and comfort that really matter.

For long fingers like mine I haven't used a better mouse than my current Kensington ci20. Cheap and all sorts of awesome (IMO). The Logitech revolution I played with at Best Buy was pretty nifty and I liked the weight, but I try to avoid mouse software suites whenever I can. If you don't mind SetPoint, then the mice mentioned above would be good choices. I just got used to the odd shape with my older IBM Navigator mouse so I wanted one like this Kensington that was similar (along with the aforementioned software preference).

well I been asking this question too...I finally settled on a mouse which was the ocz mouse. you can change the dpi from 600? to 2500. I will be using it to play ut yes ut and ut3.also photoshop.it cost around 35-50 shipped. theres two versions. laptop and desktop.

I dont think so. I HATE mousepads...after using it all day, my wrists are all red, and hurt like a mofo.
I like the little weight thing in it too. I have 4x 4.5 g and 4x 1.7 g. PERFECT!!!

get a really flat mousepad then like something from the steel series line, i have a icemat 2nd version myself, and i do really like it, no red wrists here

I've owned a G5 than bought a G7. They are both extremely comfortable and I can't say I have noticed any lag using the G7.

You don't need to buy any batteries with the G7. They come with two pretty long lasting Lithium Ion batteries and a charger as well. I also got my G7 for $35 AR at buy.com. You just gotta look for better deals...

I'm not saying your decision of buying the G5 was a bad one...I'm just saying G7 is really nice as well. :)

isnt the G5 and the G7 the same mouse except for the wireless thing

i was also too cheap to get a G7 just couldnt justify the cost of it, and the wire doesnt really bother me

Which do you have? I have logitech X-540's that I got for 150 bucks a year ago. I kinda regret not asking about them because the cables are short and annoying as ****, and my room is always clean so its a freaking nightmare. I trip on the cables at night, too. :(

Back