• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do WD HDDs handle OCing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

What, in your experience, would be "cutting it close" when OCing your computer with a WD HDD in it? What would the FSB be where the hdd might get unstable? I've heard some stories about going too high with a WD. Any suggestions/advice?

yeah, they are uptight

yeah, my WD HD seems to be a bit finicky, and it doesn't respond well to almost any tweaking. If it starts locking up on you, then you know. And trust me, it will just stop. It's almost funny. All of a sudden, freeeze! Reboot time.

I've already got the WD and I'm not regretting it...yet. Reading threads for so long, some people say Maxtor handles OCing better, others say WD does. I don't know.

WD HDD

My 40GB 7200 ATA100 WD died after about 3 months of use. I typically ran the FSB between 145-152. Have a Maxtor now, but haven't set itup yet b/c my motherboard is fired (stupid mistake on my part, don't ask). My new one should come tomorrow, and then I can see how well the Maxtor does.

Back