• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual xeon board, CHEAP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Too bad there is no AGP slot.

I know its a server board, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't play games.

Ye, but PCI-X is bad tho

What's cool is that now you can have a dual Xeon setup as cheap as a dual AMD Athlon MPs. The Intel board is evern better (more DDR slots, SCSI...)

Its very tempting to me, anyone has problem from this vendor?

mameXP

ppl! think! It has SCSI U160 onboard. It can support 12 gig of ram, this is definitely better solution for budget dual than an dual AMD.

Gosh i wish i have money :(

PCI-X will be supported by videocards some time soon though right? Now...that would be interesting for sure. Though one question..XEONS are $$$$$ though arnt they? Also you could have to get a proprietary psu also. Though, that board isnt a bad deal, just everything else that goes with it would cost alot too.

AMD MP2400+ : $123
Tyan S2469GN : $345

so : $246 + $354 vs ???

Note: the intel board is serverboard so please do not compare it with MSI board :rolleyes:

Beside, the AMD MPX chipset is still buggy, so.... I'm an AMD fan here so i dont offend anything but fact is still fact

MameXP,

also you would need 2000 Sever or 2003 Server in order to run all 4 cpus (2 logical) to their full potential...the price for the board is very good and anyone who needs a good reliable server should jump on this.

Intel SHG2 ServerWorks Grand Champion LE Dual Xeon DP Server Board w/Video, Dual LAN, Dual SCSI *** Free 2nd Day ***
i fugure second day after order..

Hmmm, this really is a pretty good deal on that board, I will remember this just incase sombody I know wants to build a nice server. A dually xeon system really would be a good server setup, not a gaming system but who cares really...if its a full blown server you dont want people playing games on it lol. Anyways...I have heard PCI-X will support videocards as well..hmm. So possibly it could be feasible that you could have it be a gaming system/server when pci-X cards come out. :)

Well, you could turn it into a dedicated game server hehe. Would probably run a 64 person BF1942 session alot better than some of these 1.4GHz machines out there.

zabomb4163 said:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...e=0&propertycode=&propertycodevalue=4192,3922
240$ for a 2.4ghz xeon...*2....

440$+ 133$ for the motherboard (573$ total)
vs
cheapest dual amd motherboard at newegg 180$ + 2*120$ for 2400+MP (420$ total)

Dude, that cheapset AMD board you said is NOT a serverboard. You wont have 100% quarantee stability. I guess i havent made my point :rolleyes:

Even if you said it a serverboard, then please add the price of a SCSI U160 card to it. LOL

MameXP,

I've had no problems with zipzoomfly, but it takes them about 3 days to deliver to my house (in Maryland). 2 days of that is in the mail. everything has always come packed very well. I highly recommend them.

Back