• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is THIS Please?? Scanned Clean

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

but when I did a virus scan , it said that there was fiels that could not be read. I opened them and this is what I found:
ï*ú¾ 0 0 Ú 5Ÿ^åÞ¿áÝ (   ÄÉ» ° íý  Ô Ó    , ™ ùþÿÿÿù½ÿÿÿø¾ÿÿÿ¶²¸ßŒ�œÂÝГ–��ž�†Ð‹��“�ž�ÐÌÑÏЖ’ž˜šŒÐ�ž‘‘š�ŒÐ’Œ_’žŒ‹—šž›_“‹�ј–™ÝùóÿÿÿøôÿÿÿÝÐ�ž‘‘š�ŒÐÝùýÿÿÿùóÿÿÿùþÿÿÿöïÿÿÿ,øóÿÿÿãÿìÿìÿÓÿfüùôÿÿÿøõÿÿÿ¬Š�š�‰–Œ��ùåÿÿÿøæÿÿÿ—‹‹�ÅÐЈˆˆÑ’–œ��Œ�™‹Ñœ�’ÐùþÿÿÿùåÿÿÿùþÿÿÿùôÿÿÿõÿõÿùÿÿÿÿÞ¿áÝ M   åÖYÒÙ  Ô Ó     Ô ùþÿÿÿù½ÿÿÿø¾ÿÿÿ¶²¸ßŒ�œÂÝГ–��ž�†Ð‹��“�ž�ÐÌÑÏЖ’ž˜šŒÐ�ž‘‘š�ŒÐ’Œ_’žŒ‹—šž›_“‹�ј–™ÝùóÿÿÿøôÿÿÿÝÐ�ž‘‘š�ŒÐÝùýÿÿÿùóÿÿÿùþÿÿÿöïÿÿÿ,øóÿÿÿãÿìÿëÿíÿ:þùôÿÿÿøõÿÿÿ¬Š�š�‰–Œ��ùåÿÿÿøæÿÿÿ—‹‹�ÅÐЈˆˆÑ’–œ��Œ�™‹Ñœ�’Ðùþÿÿÿù´ÿÿÿùþÿÿÿùôÿÿÿõÿõÿùÿÿÿÿÞ¿áÝ r ¢ ¢ ë¤çtF~V2  Ô Ó    $ © ùþÿÿÿù:ÿÿÿø;ÿÿÿ¾ß—�š™ÂÝ—‹‹�ÅÐЈˆˆÑ‹�š‘›’–œ��Ñœ�’Ð�™™š�ŒÐ�ž‘‘š�ŒÐœ“–œ”ÑžŒ�À�ž‘‘š�¶»Âª¬Òº‘‹š���–ŒšÒŒ�ŒÒž™œÙž’�Ä›œŒ�š���‹–›Âš‘Ùž’�Ę�‹�ª_³Â—‹‹�Ú̾ÐЈˆˆÑ‹�š‘›’–œ��Ñœ�’К‘Ð���›Šœ‹ŒÐ˜ž‹šˆž†ÐŒ�ž’К‰ž“Šž‹šÐ�‰

Please, tell me this is not a virusssssssssssssssssssssssss

leathersmt said:
I have five files of it in Norton System Files. but I have un installed Nortons.

These are prolly left over files that norton did not remove. It would be safe to say they can be deleted.

If you open a non- ascii file with notepad or wordpad, it will display in a similar fashion.

Thank you.

I just had something wierd happen with the Norton. I had Un Installed it to do a try out Virus Scanner, and after a reboot, NORTON had re installed.... then the Password that I used to Install it , the forst time , would NOT work. So, I went into REGEDIT, and erased everything Norton or Symantec, and that alllowed me to erase all files on the hardrive that said Norton.
Strange also, because, a few days ago, I started getting a Error Message, that the Norton System Works could not verify integrity.... could there be a common thread to all this, like a sneaky-Sleaze, sneakin around the back doors, like some pervs do to little kids?
Makes ya kind of think so eh?
If so, they have the same party waiting for them anyhow.

Back