• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newbie needs help on cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scubydoo

im in the process of building a new computer and need help with 80mm fans. does anyone have any suggestions on which are the best? thanks

it depends on what you are looking for. if you're looking for silent, vantec stealth or panaflos would be a good choice. performance, thermaltake smart II fans or tornados are good.

Well that really depends on how much air you want to move and how much noise you can stand.

This site is good for fans, you can listen to them to get a pretty decent sense of how loud they are. Here are their 80mm fans. The Tornado or Delta with the EHE on the end are the most CFM, the smartfan II is good and its adjustible (no baybus needed). I would get the one with the best CFM to Dba ratio. I'm not sure what 80mm fan that is but for 120mm fans the best I have found is some aluminum one (In case you have the option for 120mm fans in your case).

I would recommend the speed fan2 with the rpm control. If its too loud and your comp can stand the heat, just turn it down. Testing w/ prime95? Turn it up!

Back