• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How To Overclock A Dell!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wont work with my pll damn,i am building a new one,to hell with dell,ill never buy another again

You know whats retarded about cpufsb, it will support pll 950202, but not 950201, which is off by one number, ehh back to the AMD then.

Turn off the computer and unplug it. Press the power button to drain any residual energy. Plug it back in, and it should boot like new :)

The PLL settings are kept 'alive' by soft-off power AFAIK from the PSU. Once you unplug the PSU and get rid of all the electicity remaining, the PLL is cleared and is forced to read the BIOS for FSB information.

JigPu

i've got a dell, p2 400mhz optiplex gx1, what kinna motherboard would it have? I'd have to go searching around the mobo.. but the guy who did it w/ a p3 450. i would guess it would hae nearly the same mobo.

also the links down.. where can i d/l cpufsb?

I have no use for this program... I just bring links...

The author can be found at the link below.
<< http://www.podien.de/ >>

The following links are provided from his page.

Below is the new page for these pieces of software. CPUFSB is a smaller part of CPUCool. Both are shareware. Page (despite the .de) is in english.
<< http://www.cpufsb.de/index.html >>

Here is a mirror.
<< http://mitglied.lycos.de/podien/ >>

Hope all that helps.

<edit> Had more time, looked over my links, found out the author had official and up to date links, so I just provided them and removed the others. Those links should provide what you need. </edit>

Last edited:
hello every one, i'm a newbee. and just starting in OC i find this info very interesting i'll try it tomorrow. Any body tried on a dimension 4300 yet, if so any problems?

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!! Enjoy your stay.

I don't mess with Dells, mainly because I don't own one. I am just posting to ask how your experience was with this technique, if you did it or not... and also to extend a nice welcome to you. :)

thanx 4 the welcome and the reply. I tried but the software dont support my motherboard
thuogh luck. but on the bright side my brother has a 2400 Mhz amd and is wiiling to let me mess w/ it . well see what happens

Sticky this helped alot

however i did encounter a problem when i got #15
it would not save and when i pressed any of the buttons it said, "use fine tuning button" and i don't know where that is

bobthegamer said:
however i did encounter a problem when i got #15
it would not save and when i pressed any of the buttons it said, "use fine tuning button" and i don't know where that is

if it hasn't been stickey'd by now i doubt it will be. just look at the date on the post before yours

I'm attempting to overclock a Dell Optiplex GX1 for a PC Repair class.

Anyone know if the info here would work?

I would look around and see if you can find out who would have made the motherboard, it could be someone other than Abit. But otherwise, the method is sound and it should work.

Back