• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound card decision, need input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxwell Murder

Ok so I'm in need of a soundcard with my Z-680's, on board audio well its onboard and I'm not liking it the least bit. So my question to you is should I be fine with a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 or would I get much better sound out of an Audigy 2 ZS. Or would you happen to recommend something else. I don't know! All I know is that the spec's are much better but we all know some times those spec's seem really good but its just so marginal to the human ear. And if this should help I'm just a big gamer mainly :) I won't be doing any DVD watching. My parents have a much better system for that.

Dont get the SB5.1 because it basically sounds the same as onboard.
You being a gamer would definitely like the Audigy2 ZS,that seems to be the gamers card of choice.

Abit's IC7-Max3

Yeah the Audigy 2 ZS has always been in my mind. Probally going to send an order out tonight for it. I'll let you know when I get it

Audigy 2 ZS. But if you don't need the 7.1 you could go with the Audigy and save some money if possible.

I believe the only real difference is that the 2zs supports 7.1 while the other does not.

Mr.Radar said:
The 2ZS also has true DVD-Audio support while the original Audigy resamples the audio down to DVD-Video sound quality.

There is a separate Dolby digital track on every dvd audio disc.
So There is no need to convert from 24/96 or 24/192 audio to Dolby digital.

The Audigy will only be able to play the Dolby digital track.
While the Audigy2 can play both.

Back