• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IEexplorerer.exe what is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

hey guys can anyone tell me what this process is and if its safe, it is taking upalot of my cpu 40% or more, I end it and nothing changes. I am running vista 64bit.

hkh said:
hey guys can anyone tell me what this process is and if its safe, it is taking upalot of my cpu 40% or more, I end it and nothing changes. I am running vista 64bit.
Ah...might want to goole that one as that doesn't sound like the original. iexplorer.exe is...

YA looks like adware. I googled it and it came up with a list of sites on it. I am hesitant to post any links to a "fix" cause I don't want to be responsible... so maybe just do your own research on that.

Search your harddrive for the file. See where it is. It's probably some sort of adware/infection.

I had one very similar last month.

Google probably failed to return any results as you typed it in as "IEexplorerer.exe" while others all typed in "IEexplorer.exe", just a simple typing mistake. Anyway, as already stated it is/was safe for you to remove it. You may also want to run some Spyware/Adware scans as it is possible that others could still be on your computer.

the double "er" at the end would NOT be a mistake or seperate proccess by MS. Its a virus or adware. Kill the process, find the exec and delete it. If you don't want to delete it, simply rename the extension to .bak or similar. (IEexplorerer.exe.bak) Renaming it may not stop it executing itself though. Also check the startup system (using msconfig in XP, no idea in vista) and check it isn't being triggered on start.

The process for internet explorer is called IExplore.exe (if you don't believe me, start IE and check the processes. find IEXPLORE.exe and click end process. IE will dissapear)

there is a little info about using hijackthis here http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=65182&page=3 (search for explorerer.exe to find referances)

Back