• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when will the Epox 8KDA3+ nForce3 250Gb be out ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
Iv seen tons of reviews and i want this board but i cant seem to find anywhere that sells it, im guessing it isnt out yet, but whe nwill it be released ?

very soon I imagine... this is the e-mail response I got from Epox:

We are going to receive our first shipment sometime next week.
Please contact our distributor Mini Micro in Canada for detail. 888-309-8898

Best regards,

Tony Lee
=========================================================
Account Manager
Sales Department
EPoX International, Inc. (USA)
714-680-0898 x237
714-680-0858 FAX
[email protected]
www.epox.com
=========================================================

<<<<Epox Spotlight>>>>
EP-8KDA3+ Gold Editors Choice by Anandtech
http://www.anandtech.com/chipsets/showdoc.html?i=2063&p=16
EP-8KDA3+ (NF3 250Gb)
http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=526
EP-8HDA5+ (VIA K8T800)
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/epox8hda5plus/index.html
EP-4PDA5+ (Intel 865PE) http://www.tweaknews.com/reviews/epox/

----- Original Message -----
To: "Sales Department" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 9:08 AM
Subject: FW: EP-8KDA3+

_____

Posted At: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 9:17 PM
Posted To: Store-Sales
Conversation: EP-8KDA3+
Subject: EP-8KDA3+

Where can I buy the EP-8KDA3+ in Canada?

CandymanCan said:
Iv seen tons of reviews and i want this board but i cant seem to find anywhere that sells it, im guessing it isnt out yet, but whe nwill it be released ?

I just ordered one from Compuvision... Talking to Compuvision the container is in transit to Canada so the new Epox boards should clear customs next week some time.

CandymanCan said:
Cool now im just trying to decide between this board and the MSI K8N Neo

MSI has a lawsuit now for using low quality components in their motherboards... I wouldn't go buying their stuff atm.

The MSI board has been putting up some great #'s, so I wouldn't be too worried about buying one of them.

Reviews of this epox board have been realy realy good, but just about every thread created for this board has been about the problems it has. So far they all seem like they could be easily cleared up by new bios's. I have trouble suggesting epox after my experience with the 4pca3+ where 3 of them died (first doa, second lasted 3 days, third lasted a month. I could not for the life of me figure out why they died.). I'm gonna wait to see if the problems with this board get resolved, and wait for the Aopen and Shuttle 250 boards to come out before buying a board.

BTW newegg and censuspc both have this in stock, aswell as the 8k3aj.

Wow, sounds like MSI is pertty shady...if the lawsuit is correct that is. 2 weeks ago I would have still gone with MSI being that it was pretty much the only good 250 board out, but now I will have my friend pay the extra $20 and get the 8k3a+.

Has anyone tried the 8k3aj? Does it oc and perform the same, or is it like some of the other realy cheap 250 boards that are incredibly low quality?

You guys are right, reading from here http://forum.msi.com.tw/board.php?boardid=28&sid= , the msi forum everysingle person thier (well almost) ish aving problems, the board doesnt work well with almost any name or type or memory, it has major issues with mobiles only booting @ a 4 multi so u hav to use use clockgen to overclock, the board also has alot DOA's, alot of people with varity of 9XXX ATI video cards are having issues.

Is thier a epox forums where i can see how people are doing with this board ?

I'm one of the guy's who posted at AOA. Support has been excellent from AOA and Epox. I had two problems related to shut down and lock-ups that I sorted out. Both had nothing to do with the board. The shut down problem was fixed by using the Windows XP native IDE controller drivers and the lock-ups have been fixed using the native processor drivers (as opposed to the AMD processor drivers). There have been at least four bios versions made available so Epox is working hard on tweaking the bios' from the look of it. The latest bios offers 350mhz overclocking speeds and 5xHT. I had one other problem but it was related to the built-it hardware firewall which turned out to be a quick fix by adjusting the settings. All and all very good for a new product... not even a week old yet. :)

Yeah, now that you mention it, that is an uncharecterically large quantity of bios updates from epox. I think there have been 3 total for the 4pca3+ in almost a year. That is a very good sign.

I am going to have to pick one of these up with a nc 3200 or mobile 3200 (still not sure which oc's better) asap...which reminds me, does anyone know if the epox boards are compatible with the mobile a64's? I am not talking about the dtr's, but the 1.4v mobiles.

Back