• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggest a Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceChicken

Registered
Hi there I am looking for a new case that I will be taking to lan parties and was hoping for a few suggestions.

My DIY skills are woefull so modding the case is not really an option. I am looking to ideally secure my rad to either a front or rear 120mm blowhole that is already on the case so I won't need to cut any holes(tried before ruined the case :clap: ).

Any help would be appreciated.

Lian-Li v1000 Pricey, but very popular among the water cooling crowd.

Features 120mm front and rear intake. Has room on the bootom of the case that is often used for placing pumps and Rads. Its also pretty big.

Street price I think is about $220

You can get the v1000 for $175 or the v1000b for $180. Mysle I like the Lian Li v2000b which can be had for $240. Heres a few pics of a watercooled Lian Li v2000b And don't worry that purple hold down is no longer there need to update the pics.

15 more and you can get the V1000. Alot of people are using those to build a watercooled rig. For me tho it was too small so I went with the v2000b.

One of my favorite cases is this antec case, it's a mid-tower, but has a 120mm intake, and a 120mm exhust. The harddrives slide in backwards, and makes for good cable organizing. I dunno if you would sqeeze a pump in there or not, but, worth a look.

the problem with the stacker is that he might have to mod/hack it to fit his radiator correctly... and he specifically said no mods to the case at all... the PC7 has a removable HD rack on the front section that gives you a huge amount of space to setup the rad - even dual fan + shroud on push/pull if he wants... did I mention its light?=)

I've taken what you guys have said on board. However there is one small problem and that is I live in the UK and I have been searching for a pc7+ and can't find one.

Any other suggestions? I did have a TT Tsunami and found that the fans were held in place by housing and when I took the housing off the screw holes didnt line up with the rads.

Last edited:
My case is little more than a skeletal frame, it needed a lot of gutting to H2O it. But this'll have a lot of choices for you to ponder and this will show you what people have done with their own cases. You're bound to find something useful in all of that.

This case is very popular all you have to do is remove one of the drive cages. For a single 120 or two for a dual 120. Acntec chefteck and many others use the same chassie. The aluminum one is not quite as rigid but much lighter if that is a concern. If you dont want to mod the bigger than better. That new Lan Li sure does look good if they had it out sooner I might have gotten that one looks like a very tough one to beat if you want light weaght.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-125-444&depa=1

I just built three rigs, The Aspire @ $109.00 Xoxide.com is lightweight, lots of room for water cooling and execellent quality, plus it looks killer, The Thermaltake Tsunami I built is also very light, but the air flow is execellent, I put a 3.4 Pentinum With a Thermaltake Copper sink (the Big One) on an Asus P5AD2-premuim and its running SOOOOOO cool 29 Idle !, 34 load, with no H20, the only problem, it is kinda tight, the other rig was a Thermaltake Xaser III, Weight a ton , but also has great air flow and it is expensive $159 @ new egg

Back