• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is this HD4870?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you have determined you want a HD4870 then I do not see how it can be hard to select one. You pick the company that you like. Base it on what you want, (the free software, the picture on the box, added cooling), and just make sure that the card you order is clocked at or above the one on ATI's website (and all other specs on the card) so you know its not a crippled version.

OP: Most of the 4870 cards are physically and electrically identical. Most manufacturers just slap a different sticker on the cooler and package a different game. Therefore picking out the one with the lowest price is a no - brainer. I would also shop based on warranty. My visiontek offers lifetime. Also the ASUS card uses different voltage components or something along those lines, and is avoided by OC'ers.

I would also shop based on warranty. My visiontek offers lifetime.

First off decide how long you want to have the card.
A lifetime warranty means nothing if you will only own the card for 1-2 years. If the warranty will allow modifications or removal of the heatsink then yes that's a warranty to go for defiantly a better to have that if you want to put extra cooling on it.

For warranty wise there is 1year, 3year and lifetime. Think that covers most of the cards manufactures for ATI out there.

Thanks for the input. I did not know Asus were no good for overclocking. so that is out I will likley have the card for 1 - 2 years so lifetime warranty is not so importantI don't think we can get visiontek in Aus any way.
As the rest seem to be pretty much on par I will go for the best package ( EXTRAS ETC)
Thanks again for the help.

Back