• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem: agp card being seen as pci. =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sorin

I have a problem with my video card (system specs and video card in sig). The first set of symptoms is that I get shoddy frames/sec in games that ran smooth on my older Geforce2 Pro/GTS card. Also, the second test of the 3d Mark 03 runs at 0-1 fps, as does the third test. BAD.

The second set of symptoms is that in the "GeForce FX 5700" tab of the advanced display properties area, in the very first tab under the Adapter Information section it says Bus: PCI (fyi my card is AGP). And in SiSoft Sandra in the Video System Information module it says "Data Transfer Modes Support: 4x 8x" but right underneath where it says "Current Data Transfer Rate:" the line is blank.

So those two sets of things are the main problems being manifested. I have tried three different sets of drivers (56.72, 61.76, 61.77, with the 56.72 currently being used) with no effect. I have tried all three settings in my bios, which are 4x, 8x, and auto. No change.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd rather not go around flashing BIOSes left and right if I don't have to because that scares me $h1tless with all this talk of your MB/video card/whatever will be permanently ruined if it goes wrong and you're screwed and have to go buy a new one. Don't have the money and can't have the downtime for that. My computer is at my friend's house right now and I won't be able to get back to it until after 5pm today (currently 1am in my parts), but we were going to try his ATi Raedon something-or-other in my system to see if the problem is still present. But until then, anyone got any input? (No overclocking has been done on the card. Stock speeds).

sounds like it is most likely a bios problem. the bios is probably set to read from the PCI slot rather than the agp slot. Someone with more knowledge of abit boards could tell you how to fix that.

dicecca112 said:
sounds like it is most likely a bios problem. the bios is probably set to read from the PCI slot rather than the agp slot.

I'm pretty sure I checked that, but that's the best idea I've heard yet from the two forums I've posted this at. Have to check that when I get over there later.

Hardin said:

Already did that, several times with several different versions including the newest ones. I even used driver cleaner.

Back