• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TF7050-M2 no CPU Multi in BIOS??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vtec96

Trying to OC this new MB and cant find the CPU multi in bios. I can change the cpu(fsb) freq from 200+ and the HTT multi, but thats it. No cpu multi or memory divider? I am stuck at a 13 multi and 210 fsb. I am sure I could do alot more with a 12x multi and go from there.....Can anyone confirm this is the case, or am I just missing these settings?

I can't offer you any help, but when you do get things sorted out please let me know how well this board overclocks. I'm mostly concerned with its ultimate CPU clock limit. I'd love to use that board with a 3600 Brisbane in a micro case.

Nebulous said:
I looked Here and I did'nt find anything in the bios for the cpu multi. Looks like you're stuck with just the ram timings, HT and voltages :-/
Thanks neb, actually I was looking at that exact same page a while ago trying to see if they were able to figure it out :D

I think I am stuck with those options, but it IS a pretty sweet board. I can raise the HT by 1mhz seemingly up to 3-400mhz?

funnyperson1 said:
The CPU multiplier is NPT FID Control.
Hey Funny, I had some funny results here...I was able to change the NPT FID settings and seen 12x and down. I choose 12x HTT 4x, and a FSB 218.

I thought this would give me a 2616Mhz clock. Well when I booted up things were not right since my usb kb would not work until windows started, but once it booted cpu-z showed me at 2832Mhz with a 13x multi! Not sure how or why that happened??

I ran Super pi 1MB fine, but 4MB errored out!

My memory is OCZ 6400 and it was showing 404Mhz.

Any ideas? Also, is there a option to choose the memory divider?

Here are a few pics of cpu-z with the "12x" multi set.
CPU: http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o215/banshee0028/cpu.jpg
Memory: http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o215/banshee0028/mem.jpg

Not all multis will work, try another lower one, seems like certain multis will work with A64s on certain mobos, dunno why really. For me the CPU multi adjustment hasn't been mighty useful (but then again my CPU has a lower multiplier and I need all the CPU speed I can get).

**** I got it working *****

I called Biostar to ask about this and they sent me a new BIOS. I read online that there was one dated 6/1 and thats what they sent me. Its just not officially released yet. So far this had fixed the temp problems reporting 10-13 degrees too high, the cpu multi now works, and a few other things seem alot better. Overall the system is much more responsive.

Now I am starting to max out the ram settings and running the tests....Lets see how far this one can go. This is a PC I am building for a freind and hope to get 3.0 on air. :attn:

Well, with this new BIOS I am NOT liking the OC ability so far. I know this MB is not the "king of OC" but it should at least work with various settings. I tried a different multi's to reach the same CPU speed (2.6Ghz or less) and it fails with anything over 215Mhz bus. I have the HTT at 4x as well! I can use a 10, 11, or 12x multi but not over 214MHz or so. This is really annoying since I am NOT even OC'g this at this point. Just trying different clocks to reach the sweet spot. I also kept the memory at or well below its rated speed (400Mhz) and timings while changing this. It will fail to post each time. I have to clear the cmos to get it working again.

Then I put everything back to 100% stock settings and hesitantly tried their "auto overclock" settings. They have a V6, V8, or V12 overclock. I tried the V6 OC with nothing else changed, and it locked up everything and sat at the hit del to enter bios screen and was dead. Had to clear cmos to get it back!!

I think this is a BIOS issue, but so far I am not a fan of this MB for OC'g... :bang head

Ok, I got things working a little better but still not that great. I found a BIOS dated 5/31 which seems to be the latest "official" release. It seems to do almost everything I want except for more memory timing options.

The problem is I am not able to use a simple "divider" and control the speed and timings of the ram. It seems like the ram divider changes based on the cpu Multi instead of the cpu speed. I can manually choose DDR 400-800, and it increases the divider, but also lowers the timings! Is there an option I am missing or how can I choose my own divider on the ram so I can keep it around 440MHz or so when the CPU is at its max. I am trying to get a Max 3Ghz clock (12x Multi, 250FSB, HTTx4) But at this rate the ram would be around 500MHz. So far I am only able to get about 2.75Ghz stable with a 390Mhz ram 4-5-5.....1T timings...

Any suggestions....

Back