• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gen-X (Mak4 / Mak5) Aquarium Water Pump's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VAdept

While doing exhaustive research and having eBay fail me on finding quality Iwaki pumps in my price range I stumbled accross these. It says they are comparable to the Iwaki's but run much cheaper, and I can't argue with 22' of head pressure.

I think ill go with the Gen-X PCX-40 with my setup, hopefully it can push its way through my 3 heater cores. Im concerned that noise may be an issue with them, it doesn't say anything about it on site.

Let me know what you guys (and girls) think.

Over the top fails to adequately describe your design. :eek: I hope you plan to do a proper worklog to record the effort, make for an interesting read.

Heh good find if they turn out to be reliable.

This sounds promising though from the description of those pumps.

Can handle fruit juices, mild acid, mild alkalis, salt water, nonflammable liquids and other photographic and electroplating solutions

I would think if they can pump mild acids and such ok that they would be built out of good quality stuff.

I am looking at one of those myself for my multi comp car radiator rig.

Way, way way to big. Like stupid big. You will gain nothing and possibly take a step backward with a pump that big.

You wouldn't want your ambitious project to be know as the Spruce Goose of the water cooling world.

You're plans have allot of restriction in series. A pump that places head over flow will probably realize greater net flow than a pump that places flow over head due to the amount of back pressure.

If you had all of the blocks and rads in parallel, then yes the Gen-X PCX-40 would make perfect sense.

As it now stands you'd be better off with something with the characteristics of a Iwaki 30RLZT.

Back