• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Design for metal shop :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

I'm signing up for metal shop when i go to college this summer. Trying not to completly copy other ideas, i made a design so that i may try it out in metal shop.
bottomblock.gif

heres the bottom of the block and ...
topblock.gif

heres the top.

I have the channels tamper a lot so that it jets through the center of the block. Instead of just horizontal lines across the center of the block, i went for squares.. i'll have to do this by hand with a carbon hobby knife though. I want to put an O-Ring for maintaince, clean small channels.

Basicly, the idea behind this design was to combine all my likes with retail blocks into one. Then again, i might have it all wrong, i'm a waterblock noob, btw the pictures are not to scale, i'll do that in autocad ;)

You have 2 jets going in but know way out, or you are adding a jet to the outlet and if so this could cause a restriction on the flow. Just a thought but if you put a outlet at the center and offset the jets you could get a cyclone effect going (don't know if that’s a good thing or not)
just my $.02 but it dose look nice

thanks for the reply, i did have that in mind, but i can't think of any better way w/o restriction to the flow. I know the picture isn't very detailed, but what i ment to do was make the center a bit deeper then the enter/exit channels. so the water will be going through tiny colums. From experiments i've seen, when flow rate goes up, the cooling improves, so basicly what i'm trying to do is make the channels so small and restriction so high that water will jet through the block a lot faster

how about this if you pointed the jets down you could make the pins in the center longer and = more surface area the amount of speed the jets will force the water could be changed by making the ports thinner (think a blade that was the thing with yours that seemed off, you would only be blowing in a diamond pattern and miss your 4 corners)
PS sorry for the quality I am at work now and didn’t have much in time if you know what I mean ;)

22437928.jpg

If you are going to constrict the flow like that you are going to need a VERY powerful pump (like a fire engine pump). Flowrate matters a lot more.

How about making it taper to an edge (like a wedge of cheese) rather than a point? You get better water distribution into the lattice then, plus it isn't so restricted.

Stedeman drew the PERFECT image of what i want
only thing is.. is it really improtant to have 2 inlets and 1 out.
can't their be just 1 in and one out??
thats the only thing i don't like about lrww

well if you opened up one inlet so it was the size of the pins and didn't put the center outlet it should still work and be just what your looking for

Back