• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it a cpu problem? or what else?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rocco

i have a dfi nf4 ut sli-dr with 3500 venice, i oc it to 2.7 ghz one day, when i started to play games i forgot to turn my fan controllers on so my computer restarted suddenly, after it hang at the dfi logo screen, only way to get it to work is to take the cpu out wait a few hours and start it like that. Ever since if i restart my computer it hangs and the only way it works if i take the cpu out for a few hours.
I sent the cpu to AMD and they sending it back because they say that it works fine,can anyone help me out sorting out my problems?
Could it be the mobo or the cpu

Before sending it in i tested the cpu on my friends system it worked fine could it be that it works fine on stock but when i bump it up it doesnt?

What should i do what are my options? :shrug:

Thx

but i took the overclock down and still did that after that.
memory is new too!
could it be mobo?

reset cmos won't work

i lowered the oc to 250x10 vcore stock or tried higher (won't work still hangs) 3.3 mem core HTT 3 ocz 4000vx

whats your HTT:RAM ratio? Also is gpu overclocked? You make no mention of temperatures either - too many missing parameters to make any kind of judgement. You could have partially damaged it so that it works fine at stock but not when overclocked

they recived it yesterday and called me the same day that it is fine!
ocz 520w pstream
temps between 40-50c
1:1 ratio
but i think if it works stock and wont work oc'd than it still could be cpu or mobo.

believe that when you overclock your cpu, that your motherboard is also stressed, because your motherboard is a physically bigger component it can handle more spress that your little CPU, but with HTT motherboard can handle less stress that from years gone pass, it would be your motherboard dude, replace it or RMA it

Back