• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broken release clip on AGP slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prettycoolguy47

My board type is in my sig and as the title states the clip that releases my vid card is broken off, and I'm unable to remove my card. Any suggestions on getting this thing out without damaging anything?

Yes, I was able to do that, but it took a while. The problem is having enough room to get in there and maneuver. I'm not sure how yours is broken, but I still had enough clip to pry with a screwdriver. A pin nose pliers might also be helpful but again the issue may be being able to get in there. The safest way might be to try and remove the board from the case, but that's a lot of work.

It happened to me as well, anyhow I took a small screwdriver (they type you use for fixing eye glasses) and just placed it where leaver would be and pushed down as if I had a big leaver. It worked like that for about a year.

That's funny you should mention that Flip Mode because I was actually thinking the same thing, being that it is such a small area to work in. Unfortunately I couldn't wuite put my hands on that last night but I am going to see what I can do.

same thing happened here. I used a small flat head screwdriver, and got my girlfriend to do it, since she has small hands. So if you have a spare girl aroud LOL , ask her, she should be able to fit her hands in there

Back