• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK, got 2640mhz out of my XP2100!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yodums said:
Great job Maxima. You should take the dive for watercooling and perhaps get a bit more ;) You seem to have a great chip since Kunaak got 2.8 GHz stable on his and that's cooled by a Prometeia.

You make many jealous ;)

Yodums

Thanks Yodums. Just got lucky with my chip.
Really considering h2o right now.

Maxima, the nForce2 boards are the talk of all reviewers. Almost every site I've been to loves this chipset, even the non-OC community. I too am waiting on a 8RDA, my 0248's sitting on my desk at the haus, hoping it will infect my P4 rig with its mystique

Maxima88,

I am using Epox 8RDA/+, and you won't regret using this mobo. You can hit 200mhz FSB without much problem and also PCI lock just wonderful.

Kunaak,

Higher your FSB and challenge for the top 10 spot 3dmarks 2001se benchmark! The second place now is using AMD 2700 oc to 2885mhz @ FSB 224mhz using ATI 9700pro.

Letters/Numbers after Date code...

maxima88 (and Kunnak if you haven't seem my message to you at Xtreme), there is quite a bit of speculation about the importance of the letters/numbers that come after the date code on the chip. I'm trying to check with the highest 2100+ fliers to see what theirs is.

Can you please post yours?

Mugen1516 said:
that's some major juice you got pumped into that thing

I've finally settled on 2352Mhz on mine. I was shooting for max FSB and 196 is the best I can do without any 3DMark "glitches" and 12.5 multi makes it unstable at 1.85v (max on my A7N8X). I'm happy anyway.

yo mugen,

I was wondering, did you have to pop the L3 bridge on your CPU or mod your A7N8X in any way in order to unlock the multipliers on your 2100+ B ?

I've been hearing that there is no need to unlock the 2100+ B's since the motherboard already has the multipliers unlocked. Can you confirm this?

Kentarou

maxima88 said:
The letters after 0248 are "MPMW".
Let me know what that means.

maxima88, I don't know what it means, but your letters go against the wisdom at the moment. The supposedly highest clockers are thought to be "VPUW". "MPMW" is a more garden variety designation. Thanks for your input!

It depends on your motherboard and bios. Some won't go lower than 13, which i have been told is the case with the A7V333(but new beta bios came out to hopefully solve this, x'ing fingers) or u can't go higher than 12.5 on the A7N8X, or something like that. Search threads for what u have and i'm sure u'll find info. Eagerly, waiting my TB's arrival.

tuskenraider said:
It depends on your motherboard and bios. Some won't go lower than 13, which i have been told is the case with the A7V333(but new beta bios came out to hopefully solve this, x'ing fingers) .

I jsut downloaded the 1016 beta bios last night and will be flashing to it later this evening. I'll keep you posted if it unlocks 5x to 12.5x too.

Kunaak,

Higher your FSB and challenge for the top 10 spot 3dmarks 2001se benchmark! The second place now is using AMD 2700 oc to 2885mhz @ FSB 224mhz using ATI 9700pro.

I am working on getting a new R9700 with a newer Mod done to it. my current card is just losing it's ability to OC, regaurdless of the voltages.
in a few weeks I will have some subzero water chilling going on, and a new R9700 pro to volt mod and such, then I will see what I can do, but I don't think I can compete with Oppainter.
that guys just knows too many secrets.
but I would like to inch my way up abit, from the 11th page...

Brainstorm, soon I am gonna volt mod my 8RDA so I will take the CPU out then and post all the info you need.

Maxima, just looked at your Sig, Nice score with that Ti 4200 :)

maxima88 said:
I think I may have reached my chip's overclocking limit.
Great job maxima88! You've come a long way since those old ECS touting days. I ordered the same chip from the egg yesterday.

smcpu.jpg

Re: Re: OK, got 2640mhz out of my XP2100!

buckhunter said:

Great job maxima88! You've come a long way since those old ECS touting days. I ordered the same chip from the egg yesterday.

smcpu.jpg

Thanks Deerhunter, Let me know what stepping you get. Hope you get my chip's twin.

What have you been up to?

Back