• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xeon 45nm quad X3350 (same as Q9450) in stock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Intel needs a trade up policy =D

346$ for the 45nm X3350, 12MB L2 cache + 1333 FSB, @2.66ghz, umhm!

I'm quite interested to see how the X3350 (Q9450) clocks and folds, it's going to have to be a beast to outshine the q6600 as far as price : performance.

Also thanks for the link sofarfrome, but will mobos recognize 45nm xeon quads right away?

I got to purchase one before the backorder message. What would be a nice gaming mobo, memory for this chip? LEts not forget video card! I want to do onbly one card.

I got to purchase one before the backorder message. What would be a nice gaming mobo, memory for this chip? LEts not forget video card! I want to do onbly one card.

mobo: DFI LanParty LT P35 T2R

memory: something with D9GMH ICs. Crucial Ballistix/Tracers no longer use the D9GMH so you will need to go to ebay :)cry:) or look around on the various for sale threads. I don't know about Corsair and the other memory manufacturers as they may still be using some D9GMH. TanksGuys still sells some but I think it is at a premium.

YOu know, I hate when online business offer something they cannot deliver. I got a stupid email from the morons.

TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK ITEM(s):
1) INTEL CPU XEON QUAD CORE X3350 2.66GHZ FSB1333MHZ 12M LGA775 RETAIL [ Qty: 1, ETA: 03/21/08 ]

The processor was available when they I purchased. Looks like a bait deal, maybe they get sued a couple times they will not do this crap.

YOu know, I hate when online business offer something they cannot deliver. I got a stupid email from the morons.

TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK ITEM(s):
1) INTEL CPU XEON QUAD CORE X3350 2.66GHZ FSB1333MHZ 12M LGA775 RETAIL [ Qty: 1, ETA: 03/21/08 ]

The processor was available when they I purchased. Looks like a bait deal, maybe they get sued a couple times they will not do this crap.

I don't see how waiting until Friday is a big deal, especially since the product quantities probably don't update in real time. Glad you found an alternative that doesn't create what should be a mild irritation, though.

What is a typical overclock for a Q6700? I guess it will come down to how much more can the Q6700 OC over the X3350.

Plus the bonus of lower temps, SE4 and more cache. I think a $211 Q6600 is a better option than the Q6700.

I don't see how waiting until Friday is a big deal, especially since the product quantities probably don't update in real time. Glad you found an alternative that doesn't create what should be a mild irritation, though.

What bothers me is that they take orders with the false pretense that they have the processors in stock and then turn around and send the email telling people that they are out of them. That is unfair and fraudulent business practices. They get caught doing this practice in a lawsuit they will get hammered.

Xeon quad cores are meant for servers, but they can also work in consumer motherboards. Where-as the Q9450 will only work in a 775 socket.

You'd have to ask intel as to why they are priced the same and why the xeon works the same as the Q9450, but it just does :)

Same goes for the E8400 and its xeon counterpart.

Had I known that the Xeon would work in my board, I might have gone with the xeon instead of the Q6600, but I am very happy with my folding abilities...I think I'm at about 2 or 3 wu's a day possibly 4. I had looked one day and had like 80 WU's and the very next day, it showed 84 WU's...so I dunno if the server got tied up a bit, or am I really doing 4 WU's a day.
The x3350 is 2.66gig Right?

Back