• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recieved my 2400+ today where do i begin unlocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

Shall I unlock it , or leave it alone? I have kT400 mobo heard that its pre unlocked with my motherboard , this true? or I gota do the L3 unlock. Stepping is AIUCB 9 week24

thats crazy. . . my chip is 14 weeks older then yours... yours is even older then the gem that the boyz @ hardocp got... this could be good or bad good look anyhow

lets see u posted that at 5:12 pm and just now getting around to it? good grief!!
man i would have to be in intensive care too keep me away.or the morgue but thats another bad ocing experimant :)

retcpu.jpg

btw this is my 5th attempt after the install , I tried 13.5x166 < couldn't boot up , then i got all kinds of probs i had to reset cmos. I tried 13x166 , still no go :( my video card or Corsair ram pc3200 case 2.5 isn't liking my settings for some reason... I can't even get 13x166 sucks :/ I know it isn't the cpu as I couldn't get quite a few cpu's with the new ram an vid card to overclock good. Weird eh? Im lost this is all I could get so far,seems to run ok theres my above pic as usee. Ideas on what I should do? I also have tried my mem timmings on by SPD , Turbo , Ultra . I raised DDR Voltage as high as 3.05 as well. PSU voltages are all great +5 is 5.04 , 3.3 = +3.28 , +12 = 11.92

ReTiCuLeX said:
btw this is my 5th attempt after the install , I tried 13.5x166 < couldn't boot up , then i got all kinds of probs i had to reset cmos. I tried 13x166 , still no go :( my video card or Corsair ram pc3200 case 2.5 isn't liking my settings for some reason... I can't even get 13x166 sucks :/ I know it isn't the cpu as I couldn't get quite a few cpu's with the new ram an vid card to overclock good. Weird eh? Im lost this is all I could get so far,seems to run ok theres my above pic as usee. Ideas on what I should do? I also have tried my mem timmings on by SPD , Turbo , Ultra . I raised DDR Voltage as high as 3.05 as well. PSU voltages are all great +5 is 5.04 , 3.3 = +3.28 , +12 = 11.92
What are your temps like?

i think AMD purposely made 166 fsb NOT work.. they reserved it for the 2800+ :D no joke... anyway 167 ill work just make sure u feed it lots of voltage (they love it) 1.85 minimum for anything over 2.250

Thank's for the tips bro :) , My dad got me a new water pump for my water cooling setup. I wana look for atleast 2.4Ghz water cooled and 2.2 on air... I bought um a Danner 250Gph , I got a heater core square radiator and swiftech water block. So hopefully I could get a nice oc. Im begging to think my ram is the problem even thoe it's corsair pc3200 maybe its defective. If I don't get 2.2ghz by the end of the week ill pick sup samsung cas2 pc2700 up i read an article and it performed better then corsair pc2700 cas2.

hey youre in the same boat as me lol i cant get 2200 and up 2200 i can get but any higher it wont work.

Now i guess you might belive me . I wouldnt be surprised if youre cpu wont even go any higher than that even on watercooling and new ram.

Cuss remember i tried 2 diff sticks of ram and also chilled my cpu to 20c and only got to 2300 mhz but that only lasted as long up to 25c then i had to clock it back down.

Probally bro, but I don't know how stable they are. I had problems with them causing me to format. Might of also been my high overclock lol.. Duno which one but im not taking a chance.Btw ripped sox , got aim or msn messanger? > [email protected] < my msn messanger , Aim = ReToWnSu

Back