• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2600/333@2457 on air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pctuner@amd

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME AS I HAVE SOLD OTHERS DEAD OR
this is where i've gotten so far and it is still stable I'm moving slow so as to not screw things up and I still only have pc2700c2.5 mem and a coolermaster heatpipe its stable running prime and seti 24/7
pctuner2600@2457.JPG
[/IMG]

That's a nice overclock, I don't know why it got ignored, propably because of the XP2100+ posts...
Anyway, what's the stepping of the chip? It might have some more juice left in it if its an AIUHB or even AIUGB

yeh those gosh darned 2100 people taken all our fun away! hehee
i havent even posted a benchy in 2 days.it is kinda sad for me as they are right on my heels and paid alot less but who coulda thought amd would release a killer chip like that.

pc tuner thats a nice oc also.ive been finding burnins help mine alot also.i can fold now at 2550 :D

We just haven;t had the right bios release or development to take our chips to their full potential yet I can tell this chip wants to go alot faster but my ram seems to be holding me back, the kt400 chipset has alot more potential than people have realized I'm only using 82% of the bandwith and when I started at 166 I was only using 80% so with a 18mhz overclock on fsb it is only 2% of bandwidth and my ram is at cas 2.5 but rest is maxed out at the fastest timings possible. I want to know if the geil ram on newegg is any good because if it is then I want a stick of 3500 ultra stick they offer with cas 222 latency because this chipset will do over 215fsb I've seen it done at my friends computer store...

edit : I'm now running at 2502 mhz 13.5x185.34fsb still going with prime in the background and writing this...

Just changed my mult to 14x and reduced my fsb back down to 175 and at 2451mhz I have 9134mips and 3693mflops I think I still have some headroom on fsb judging by how high I went last time...

yes the kt has good prospects. have you remove the chipset heatsink and fan, to apply some thermal paste? it does wonders for reaching the higher fsb speeds! the northbridge gets hot and most mobo maufactures haven't put any thermal paste under the heatsink.

as for youre 2600+ what voltage are you using, to get 2400mhz? i am using 1.8v and getting 2200@11x200. i need better cooling, running 45c and almost 50c under load. but the kt 400 is handling the 200fsb mark like a champ!

i have 2600+ AIUGB

Yes I already yook the thermal tape off the NB chipset and replaced it with artic silver and it lowered my temps about 8 degrees and that helped out alot, alot of people don't realize its potential because it states limited support for ddr400 but thats because it has to have ultra low latency ram to operate correctly it takes cas2 and cas1.5 with limited cas2.5 w/LL. I've been clocking mine all over the place by the way what all are you using for burn in util's... I am also going to do the volt mod tonight to get 2.05 volts I'm not going to use it till I get this heatsink by swift-tech with the built in peltier but I don't need to worry about overvolting because if I want to run stock voltage I got a 1.45 vcore setting in bios so that will give me 1.65 w/vmod.. I have my 125watt peltier I'm thinking about trying with a volcano 7+ at high fan speed to bring temps down enough to run 1.95 and try to get a stable 2600 out of her with a 14.5x mult or 15x whichever gets me closer to the 166 fsb speed, I don't want to run my busses out of spec to much its already enough when it was at 185fsb now I'm at 14x177 2480mhz and sandra tells me its a xp3125 with pr3597 so its looking good. by the way my temps are at 52-54 under load w/heatpipe..http://store.yahoo.com/ocsystem/mctherheatas.html

i guess i just got a bum chip! i have tried everythng to get past 2200mhz. [email protected] runs perfect got to 11.5x200@tried v-core up to 2.0 and the thing will not boot to windows. pc posts but and runs through raid bios but will not boot windows.

anyway i use sisoftsandra burn in wizzard, and 3dmark looped to do burn in. prime 95 is supposed to be good but i haven't tride it yet?

good luck on geting 2.6ghz. let us know how it goes!

I'll let you know after I do the vmod real quick I just booted at 15x166 1490mhz and its not real stable so I'm gonna get some more juice to the chip at least .1 more volts and see if its stable then, if that does stablize it then I will up the fsb alittle bit at 15x and see how it goes its the chip thats holding me back now so alittle more power should do it I think. I have got 200 more mips in the sandra cpubenchmark than a 3000+ now also while I have the chip out I'll look at the stepping and let you know about that as well..

I did the vmod and while in the process I screwed up and busted one of the surface mount resisstors off of the motherboard for the dimm slots, oops, I had to scavenge one off a busted slot 1 intel board and resolder that as well before I could boot, the machine would not even see the memory until I replaced it, well, I geuss intel boards are good for something!!!lol.. I got vcore all the way up to 2.10 now and I don't dare go above 1.95 because temps are around 60 degrees on die at that voltage with my hsf, god I need my paycheck so bad for that swift-tech, I for some reason cannot boot into windows at 1.975 volts it gives me an error. but I successfully booted into windows at 1.95 w/15x166 and now I'm running at 2501mhz even. I don't get it I can boot in at 14.5x180 which is 1520 w.1.95v but its so unstable when I try to run sandra bench it locks up, I need to find out about the blue screen at 1.975 volts. M temps at that are at 63 degrees on die 48 at the thermistor in the socket, I found out my stepping my chip is a aiuhb 0246 so that may be the diff between mine and yours, you have a aiugb, right? I'm going to let it sit at this voltage overnight at 15x166 and see if it doesn't burn in alittle bit and allow alittle fsb OC.:mad:

well that real high ram overclock at 185fsb had my pci bus so out of sinc. that it corrupted my hdd's so I have to what till tuesday to get my windows xp pro disc back from my friends shop so I can reinstall windows I need the 3200 ram so bad so I can just set the ram timings at 400ddr and 1/6 divider so when I change my fsb higher it doesn't throw the pci and agp bus over when I change the fsb. since this board sets the pci and agp bus off the ram I can just set it to 200mhz ddr and 1/6 divider and it will be 200/66/33 and I can change the fsb at will just like the asus with pci lock my agp and pci bus will stay at 66/33 no matter what I set the fsb to.

Last edited:
deathstar13 said:
yeh those gosh darned 2100 people taken all our fun away! hehee
i havent even posted a benchy in 2 days.it is kinda sad for me as they are right on my heels and paid alot less but who coulda thought amd would release a killer chip like that.

pc tuner thats a nice oc also.ive been finding burnins help mine alot also.i can fold now at 2550 :D
Deathstar thats just as good as your 2700 before it came to a untimely death. Pctuner im really liking your clock speeds so far I hope you can get that running 2600Mhz soon. That would be cool.

Well she's back running again, I had downloaded the new Red Hat distro. 8.0 to burn to iso and with the fsb that high and pci bus so out of freq it fragmented the crap out of my harddrive so I was able to boot into safe mode and restore to Thursday and rebooted and ran the defrag util. it took 4 hours on a 20 gig seagate to defrag. and the Red Hat distro was spread all across my drive seperating alot of other files so I had to remove all 5 completely before it could finish because it couldn't read them due to it being open sourrce and linux and all but now its running again. should have either my memory this weekend or my swift-tech hsf so will start Oc'in again then only running 1345mhz now so still an 250mhz OC and 166fsb.

Back