• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Explorer Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Little DeViL

The Image below is what my friend gets on his computer when he surfs the net.. The OS is Windows ME...

I think that the guy should reinstall IE or copy the sys files from the ME disc to his windows folder...

Any ideas on what the problem is...

Attachments

• c++.gif
    c++.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 140
Just windows going bad... 9x and ME did that all the time. Either reinstall windows, or upgrade. Has nothing to do with Internet Explorer, other than it may be triggering Explorer.exe to crash.

Manually extracting files to the system directory is a bad idea, unless you really know what your doing. Chances are they've been patched by a hotfix or service pack somewhere along the line, and replacing it with an original version would do more harm.

I didn't think they had a System File Checker in Windows ME.... I thought that was one of the benefits of Win2k or WinXP... to keep a watch over it's system files so it didn't clobber them.

Back