• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone help with a video problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey guys,

Just installed my 6800 Ultra and installed the drivers. I get a weird problem where any kind of video played in windows media player or winamp (I haven't tried other players, but they are probably the same) is totally washed out in brightness. It is totally unviewable. I uninstalled the drivers, then tried again using just the windows drivers. It worked just fine. Then I installed a different set of nvidia drivers, and it was back to being completely white and washed out in media players. Has anyone seen this before? I even tried using driver cleaner to clean all the old ATI drivers out of there. Any suggestions? I cant watch any videos right now :(

-Collin-

Eh...Resetting the CMOS couldnt hurt. Helped when I couldnt get any video at all. Then, have you tried the Omega nVidia drivers?

Which drivers are you using, I remember seeing a thread that one set caused that problem with media player 10 and may also be in winamp as well, drop back a set and see if that clears it up, I will look for the thread on just that.

-Milkman
Edit: check out this thread down about 12-13 postsLink

Well, the 71.xx drivers fixed it! But, I would still rather use the newer drivers, so I will try that guide! Thanks!

-Collin-

Back