• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guild Wars 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kristian221

My friend has this processor: http://ark.intel.com/products/47663/Intel-Core-i3-330M-Processor-(3M-Cache-2_13-GHz)

And he wants to run Guild Wars 2. He is not a graphics guy, he will happily play it at the lowest settings at 15fps. He does not have a GPU, he uses integrated graphics. He has enough space and 3Gb of RAM. You think he will be able to?

What are the minimum system requirements for Guild Wars 2?

Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to have it run on a wide range of Windows gaming PCs.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better • 2 GB RAM • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better) • 25 GB available HDD space • Broadband Internet connection • Keyboard and mouse

I think you have your answer from what you have listed at the bottom there...

Not sure about the iGPU though. its GMA5000 iirc at 500Mhz. Not sure if that is faster than any of the cards listed.

Well thats why I posted the specs of the CPU, it was the only thing I was unsure about. But I know everyone likes to get all the info so I posted the rest too :p

Last edited:
You just posted the min specs.

No one really knows how it will run til this weekend. I'm in the open beta so can test some things but I have a high end system, though everything at the log in screen its basically having me max out the system specs for my setup. So we'll see.

Can't find anything on the integrated GPU directly but it says its faster than the old GMA 4500MHD. For what ever that is worth.

Edit: Looks like the i3 330m Does not have a HD3000 GPU, its a release too early, which means it probably will work your just going to suffer from the graphics side and might have to run really low resolution.

Last edited:
The CPU is just fine but you'll need at least a $50 graphics card to play it with decent settings smoothly.
GW1 ran on GMA950 and that is the modern 950, so I'm sure it'd run... just not well.

15fps would be pretty crappy and unplayable if you ask me on any game. The moment a spell is cast or a boss appears...that system would take a dive. Might as well kiss any kind of PVP goodbye too as it is not fun on a choppy system or laggy connection.

So from what I am getting he will at least be able to play it then? He is pretty used to playing at around that fps. He can play borderlands with it, though I know that isn't demanding at all.

Without playing the game its hard to say just how demanding it is.

As long as the GPU supports shader model 3.0 which I believe it does, it can run... its just to what capacity who knows.

yeah alot of people won't know til tomorrow in about ~17 hours not that im keeping track or anything. but even then it's still a beta and not optimized.

Ah here are some first results... still will be about 4-5 hours before I get a chance to play but here are some big speced PC's

I’m getting a max 30fps on lowest settings!
2500k at 4.5 Ghz
16GB RAM (1600)
GTX 680
I should be getting AT LEAST 60 fps! This is unplayable!

Some are saying they can play with less GPU's that is playable in area's but... get into populated zones it drops.

Mind you its still unoptimized as what peeps are saying. Don't know if the forums are open to everyone or not to everyone to see but there is ALOT of info out there.

Ok time to play with it.

My system specs...

Graphic settings don't do a dang thing to performance. Uses roughly 1 CPU at 100%, others around 10-50%. GPU sits at roughly 30-40% used. Uses some ram, pegged at 1.1Gig's right now.

Performance in most area's getting in the 35-50's out away from masses. In large cities that comes down to 25-35's. All this is with maximum settings and 1920x1200.

at max settings(1900x res) I am getting lows of 20fps in busy areas. Sigh....time for a new video card.
Great looking game and lots of fun!!!!

I'd wait on that video card man... The game isn't even optimized yet. Even high end cards are crawling. Actually some lower end cards are beating upper end ones. Figure that one out.

I'd wait on that video card man... The game isn't even optimized yet. Even high end cards are crawling. Actually some lower end cards are beating upper end ones. Figure that one out.
I did not realize that. I saw that the game is only DX9 and a little baffled why my rig was chugging along...I mean as pretty as GW2 is rift looks better and runs better, even when large events are happening. Ill gladly keep my card in play and save me some shekels!

Just for the record...if any OC'ers deciding on a server, I am currently on Dedrimoor :thup:

I think he has a laptop ench the i3-330m, m=mobile. I believe that series of CPU's have the Intel HD-2000 IGPU.
I dont know about you, but anything Directx 10 will not run. DX9 will run fine, but I think GW2 is directx10.

I think he has a laptop ench the i3-330m, m=mobile. I believe that series of CPU's have the Intel HD-2000 IGPU.
I dont know about you, but anything Directx 10 will not run. DX9 will run fine, but I think GW2 is directx10.

Its DX9, and DX10/11 for higher looks but its not enabled at this time in the beta.

Back