• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hyperx ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

traicer

Registered
ok so i contact kingston today because i can get my hyperx ram to work at 6-2-3.2T with out getting this weird messege that says CPU ID: 0, this is on a a7n8x-e deluxe runing Athlon 3200, so i ask the guy if this is a problem with ram or something alse, all he does is tell me that kingston dosen't recommend the use of hyperx memory with any system and that he is sorry that it won't run. anyone know if this is correct or is there a way to fix it?

kingston dosen't recommend the use of hyperx memory with any system and that he is sorry that it won't run
I think he's blowing smoke. Well if it doesn't work with any system why do they sell it?

In order to help you we need the specs of your rig, use mine as a guide

alright well my specs are

Athlon xp 3200,
A7n8x-E Deluxe
512 Kingston Hyperx (pc3200) (timings 8-3-3-2.5T) I want (6-2-3-2t)
samsung 40gig
samsung 160gig
420watt PSU
PNY 6800GT

problemc0mp said:
i have hyper x pc 3700... and it works at 200 mhz 6-4-4-2.5

Same here. But the same stick won't run at Cas 2.5 anywhere
near rated speed. (pc3700) it will however run at 11-4-4-3.0 at 252fsb.

What kind of hyperx pc3200 do you have?
I have 1GB of PC3200ul and it runs at 2-2-2-5, dual-channel no problems on an A7N8X-X @ 200MHz. I did have to up the voltage to 2.7v

so i'll up volt to 2.7 then set my timings to 6-2-3-2 and see what happens

tryed it didn't work, i get a black screen after the bios screen, thats all i change the ram to different slots too.

Back