• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sempron BX 64bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madmike2

I bought this 2600 sempron and ASROCK cheapyMobo for my server instead of going crazy with dual Opti's and spent all my money on Raptors and quality ram instead. I built it all up turned on the power..... This CPU is not recognized by the BIOS. Contact your hardware vendor! ...System halted !

So i have been drifting around the forums and i see that apparently there was SEmprons 32 bit and 64 bit.. i know mine is 64 but obviously the MOBO does not see it as that.

My question is which of the budget MOBOS with onboard Video will see that Sempron 2600 + BX series. So far i cannot find any that say sempron 64 they all say Athlon 64/ Sempron which is what this ASRock 760g upgrade mATX says.

Please help i am getting venemous looks from the wife since i drove her nuts for 8 days about this. :bang head

Best thing to do before you throw the board is to goto the asrock website and try flashing the bios i remember i had to do it when i got my sempron 2500 but thats was the 32bit one lol anyway if thre is a flash update it tell you if it supports it if it dosn't say just try it and see what happens if it fails come back and we'll see what we can do! I know i got my mate a gigabyte board (think it was gigabyte) and that workd with a 64bit sempron ;)

I think all you have to do is flash the bios to get support, check the maker's website and see if they have a new bios that supports sempron 64 or rev.e chips. The problem is that you'll need a chip that will at least let you post.

I cant post past the CPU so i cant get to floppy to flash anything. I need a new BIOS chip or another cpu Get it up then flash it. Also there is nothing on ASrocks website that suggests they support sempron 64 on that board.

Ok i confirmed for myself. Cannot flash it because i cant get it to boot from floppy. It cant get to floppy. Its rather weird actually. You owuld think that BIOS would at least be able to be upgraded. :shrug:

Back