• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will a MATX motherboard fit in a ATX case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

umarrehman187

everything has been put into postion corrrectly, i just cannot get the power supply cable to connect to the motherboard becoause its short what can i do?

You can buy extensions for the power cables, newegg has 'em.

mATX boards fit ATX cases, generally all the cables still reach too, but when they don't extensions are your only real option if you don't want to do something crazy like moving the PSU.

bobnova i think i found a soltuion, well as you know my motherboard has an 8 pni socket for power supply to stik onto motherboard, my power supply has a 8 pin plug which DOES not reach however the 4 pin coming out the power does reach it shall i jus attach thtat into the 8 pin socket using onnly half?

i would still get the extension whenever you can, costs like 5 bucks...i pick them up all the time makes cable management a breeze

I generally check ebay for things like that and just buy a few at a time to save money. I got 4 of 5 of the 8pin extenders (they were 8inches I think) for $12 shipped last week off ebay. heck of a good price imo.

china drop ship ftw.

I am with pik4chu, I buy a few at a time, I got about 4 IDE cables, 4 SATA adapters, Molex splitters, fan y-adapters, and PCI-e adapters... always nice to have them around =)

Plus, NewEgg will charge you about $3 to ship just one small item like a single cable, or you can buy them in bulk and save like 4 bucks when you buy like 3 or 4 of them.

ive overcloked my cpu from 2800 to 3700 and im still usin the 4 pin power supply into the 8 pin socket on the motherboard.....is this bad? or is it okay?

Back