• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V, should i continue to cool the Green Menie? Green Menie raised my system n CPU temp by over 3-5C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chicharon1

Registered
A7V, should i continue to cool the Green Menie? Green Menie raised my system n CPU temp by over 3-5C

i got an A7V.i installed a 486 fan over the green meanie. my theory is the fan causes the air to cool the green meanie but the bad side is that even more hot air gets circulated around the system n my CPU n system temp all got a +3 to +5 C.

Do i really need to cool or continue to cool the green meanie?

If you're not overclocking your FSB, don't bother.

You should seriously consider increasing your case ventillation, cooling the North Bridge chip should NOT raise your temps by that much. Maybe 1-2 F, 3-5 C is totally ridiculous. Are you sure that you haven't just been having warmer days lately?

well ya.. itz indeed hotter... but i did raise something like 2C on my PC.. especially because the heat is dissipitated... i'll lap my green meaniie sumtime next week....anyone of u using an A7V? how can i raise the FSB by dipswitch? after clicking d dips it doesn't raise my FSB

Nagorak (Apr 11, 2001 05:22 p.m.):
If you're not overclocking your FSB, don't bother.

You should seriously consider increasing your case ventillation, cooling the North Bridge chip should NOT raise your temps by that much. Maybe 1-2 F, 3-5 C is totally ridiculous. Are you sure that you haven't just been having warmer days lately?

but after selecting like 110mhz for d dip switch the system still booths at 100x9.5 what gives??? =( is there anything else that i need to unlock?

Cerwin AKA Walter:-( (Apr 12, 2001 05:46 a.m.):
In ur manual, u can see how to set the dipswithes, to raise the FSB.

i already figured it out!!! YIPEEE but i can only max out at d FSB at 103 mhz =( any tips from u ppl?

Walter:-( (Apr 13, 2001 04:38 a.m.):
No there is not anything else u should unlock.

Alot of those A7V's(like mine) really have trouble getting to a higher FSB.... the best I've done is 106, but it wasn't 100% stable. One thing I did, not really related to FSB, is take a Greenie off my first A7V(the one I killed), trimmed it a bit, and stuck it on my clock generator.... thats the little chip right below the DIP's... careful when you touch it, it can get REALLY hot...

Back