• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Too Much or Just Very Hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_cultie

Last week I upgraded from an Athlon64 3800+(Newcastle) to an FX-55(Clawhammer) due to my 3800+ not being a good ocer; also the FX-55 cost me nothing, was a direct swap :D. Anyway, I've noticed that my remps are a lot higher. I've AS5 on the CPU with my Thermalright XP-120 and I've been getting temps up to 48C. I know that the AS5 takes a while to set properly but I never saw temps this high with my 3800+ (max was 40C) and I haven't started ocing yet. Could I have put too much AS5 on or is the FX-55 Clawhammer just very hot?

the_cultie said:
Last week I upgraded from an Athlon64 3800+(Newcastle) to an FX-55(Clawhammer) due to my 3800+ not being a good ocer; also the FX-55 cost me nothing, was a direct swap :D. Anyway, I've noticed that my remps are a lot higher. I've AS5 on the CPU with my Thermalright XP-120 and I've been getting temps up to 48C. I know that the AS5 takes a while to set properly but I never saw temps this high with my 3800+ (max was 40C) and I haven't started ocing yet. Could I have put too much AS5 on or is the FX-55 Clawhammer just very hot?

It's definately possible that you put too much AS5 on. I've done the same thing myself to similar results. But it could also be that the heatsink isn't properly seated.

In a way I was hoping it was too much as that can be fixed but in a way i was hoping it wasn't because that means I have to fix it :rolleyes: . Oh well, now I have to find the time to do it, 4 reports 2 days :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back