• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAiD 0 Dies...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MERKiN

Registered
Yeah i know RAiD 0 doesnt have any true recovery options, but one of my HDD's just went for some reason, no clue why it went, but its showing as unreadable. Its raided within windows. So right now, i just want to know how i can recover the info off my "Dead" drive, and rebuild my raid. Or what will happen if i delete this drive's info, will my RAID still be alive? Someone help please, i have like 760GB on here lol

-MERKi[N]

u likely cant recover the dead info if your controller is reading the drive as unreadable.

you could try to get another identical controller....

your data is split between both drives, if one drive dies EVERYTHING is gone.

Should of read up more on rad 0 before implementing it.

Mr.Guvernment said:
u likely cant recover the dead info if your controller is reading the drive as unreadable.

you could try to get another identical controller....

your data is split between both drives, if one drive dies EVERYTHING is gone.

Should of read up more on rad 0 before implementing it.

Its a risk well well well worth taking.

i Know how raid 0 works, and since i did read up on it i know it is one of the fastest raids out there. whereas RAiD 5 would be best, but i dont need raid five for a simple home machine... The status still shows unreadable in Windows, but it does show the drive type so it is getting some info. Im going to take it back to myold job and have them ghost it entirely to another SATA drive and see if that works. I mean it is a WD so it could just be a bad drive...

[edit] here is a picture of it, i see the drive, windows sees it but it wants to say unreadable.

drives23yq.jpg

i'm going to reinstall my raid drivers and see if this works. I've tried removing the drivers for the drive and reinstalling them, the drive comes up but wont read.

Last edited:
here is what diskpart is saying... bare in mind the 150GB drive is having issues, all the others are fine

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
-------- ---------- ------- ------- --- ---
Disk 0 Online 186 GB 0 B
Disk 1 Online 149 GB 0 B *
Disk 2 Online 190 GB 333 KB *
Disk 3 Online 186 GB 0 B *
Disk 4 Online 190 GB 333 KB *
Disk M0 Missing 0 B 0 B *

Thats strange...

Back