• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water tubing connections

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

i was just wondering how would u go about connecting the below setup:

pump>resovoir>radiator>cpu block>gfx block>nb block>pump>resovoir>radiator>ect........... (if this is a correct what set up i dont know)

one pipe from pump to resovoir
one pipe from resovoir to radiator
one pipe from radiator to CPU block
one pipe cpu block to gfx block
one pipe from gfx block to nb block
one pipe from nb block BACK to pump
one pipe from pump to resovior, etc......

would that be a correct water cooling set up? and does the radiator MUST have a fan on it?

thanks alot guys, im a noob to water so sorry if i sound stupid :rolleyes:

Yeah that would be the correct way to set it up.

And yes you could run the system without a fan on the radiator, but that will increase your temperatures, and since you have your cpu, gpu and nb on one rad, i would deffinately have a fan on it.

If you're going to bother with a reservoir, it should be feeding the pump... no sense at all having it after the pump (there it's just a big bit of tubing, really).

so it should be:

resovoir>pump>radiator>cpu block>gfx block>nb block>resovoir>pump>radiator>ect........... (if this is a correct what set up i dont know)

and

one pipe from resovoir to pump
one pipe from pump to radiator

one pipe from radiator to CPU block
one pipe cpu block to gfx block
one pipe from gfx block to nb block
one pipe from nb block BACK to resovior
one pipe from resovior to pump, etc......

does that sound about right now? i need to get this right the 1st time cuz i dont want to keep taken it apart etc...

Sounds fine to me. As far as I am concerned, having the reservoir feeding the pump is the only hard and fast rule in how you should arrange things... pretty much everything else is for the obsessive to worry about.

It sounds right to me, you want to have the radiator right before the CPU, since that is when the water is the coolest. The pump will heat up water a little.

steve

Yeah that's the best setup. At least for me anyway. Pump before rad or pump after rad but before CPU block is a long debate that seems to have no clear answer.

yeah i thought as much the pump would hit up the water a lil bit, so i put it before radiator, blah, dont matter im nto hardcore :D

Back