• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another alternative OS desktop screeny thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Misfit138

Show your colors, and your alternative OS pride. :D
Make all those mainstream OS users green with envy of the diabetic sweetness of our eye candy...:soda:

At this point, I consider Windows my 'alternative OS'. :beer:

Screenshot.jpg

Clean:

Dirty (with VNC view of headless Xubuntu fileserver):

I'll probably edit this post later with a cube pic or something else suitably diabetic.

edit:

All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again:

-cube

-expo

Last edited:
Nothing fancy. Just my Debian Etch SMP_FAH VM.

I plan on installing as a dual boot as soon as Linux VM software gives me enough power to run all my essential Windows apps at a reasonable speed in a W2k VM.

debianetchx64ue2.jpg

I like Gnome :cool:

My desktop.
The second image is mid rotate for the cube. I seem to like inside the cube and it going transparent during rotation. AWN just rocks and is actually turning out to be a nice dock.

Just a simple little Gnome thing going on.

Screenshot.png

Screenshot-1.png

Very sweet, indeed! :beer:

Xfce is rapidly becoming my DE of choice:
snapshot1-1.png

xfce looks pretty sweet, i usually use gnome as in screenie, but yesterday i install kde 3.5.8 (was meaning to install 4 but i screwed up.. lol) and i'm loving it but i might try xfce... i'll post a screenie of my kde setup later..

Gentoo w/ Beryl... slightly old screen shot. I'm in the process of moving to compiz and a new graphics card.

Dual monitors

Screenshot3.jpg

Cube.jpg

Gusty Gibon install on my desktop
Clean:

Cube:

need to quit being lazy and get pic for the top and bottom of my cube again, but I seem to keep distracting myself with filling my shiney new 500 gig external or my media center set up.

Back