• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue LED Fans - Pics?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gas-man

Anyone got any reviews and or pictures of blue LED fans? They're $9.00 each over at NCIX.com and I was thinking of getting some to put into my Thermaltake case.

Should I get 5 of them or just 3 - 2 back and window?

How loud are they? Cooling ability?
Link

thouse fans kick a**... there are 2 on my friends setup. he has 2 black ice micro's with 2 80mm blue LED fans.

its worth it :D

Allrighty then - do you think it's worth it to get two for the front, would the blue shine through the front at all? That'd be awesome.

And is it possible to wire the LEDs to toggle switches?

I had two front and two back- I think they're coolmasters. But I replaced the two exhaust fans in the rear in favor of the Thermaltake Smart Case Fans (with variable speed control) since they pull 75.7 CFM at full speed. I usually leave them on low and their pretty quiet- just turn the knobs when you need more air.

I'll try and take some pics of my front fans and post them for you when I get homme from work.

yeah theyre pretty bright and would probably shine through the front, but i dont think that you can wire the LEDs on a switch. they are made to last as long as the fan though... so i think your fine just leaving it on.

when i tried to take pics of my they turned out crappy lol. But these fans are awesome. I have 2 upfront, 2 in the back, and I'm about to replace the top blowhole with 1 and maybe use one for a side blowhole. I got em from bestbyte.net I think they were just under 9 bucks...definately worth it.
Light up the case pretty well, I'll try and get some pics once I finish up the new window and blow hole later in the week

I think the ones I'm talking about have 3 LEDs and yours have 4. The ones I am looking at are $9.00 Canadian, so that's like $5.60US - pretty good deal!

They're not overly-bright to an annoying degree are they?

No not really, and as far as noise they are pretty quiet...or really I probably just can't hear em over my HSF lol

I have the blue antec led fans and I think they look awesome!!
digi%20037.jpg

I actually have the Tri-Colored fans for my exhaust. They look pretty good in my silver case, but I did want just the plain blue ones. Oh well, can't go wrong when your friend sends them to you for free I guess :D

P.S. Once I have my computer completely done (just one more face-plate and bevel to paint), I will get some pics up.

CoolerMasters: 32CFM/25dB. I dunno if they are actually 25dB, but they certainly are quiet.

ledfanfront.jpg
ledfanback.jpg

Poor kitty ;)

Back