• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron 175 price dropped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
harlam357 said:
Scored a 170 from mwave for less than $400 shipped! :santa:

I would think that you could have saved $100 and got the 165. THey should both OC about the same.

OMG dual core opteron for $299... STOP SHOWING ME THIS STUFF! :d

Of course. The opties are only guaranteed to run at their rated speeds.

165 = 1.8ghz
170 = 2.0ghz
175 = 2.2ghz
(I believe)

The AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo is guaranteed 2.2ghz; then again, it's $500.

The opties are hit or miss. They've mostly been 'hit' for single-core, but I don't know about dual-core.

g0dM@n said:
Of course. The opties are only guaranteed to run at their rated speeds.

165 = 1.8ghz
170 = 2.0ghz
175 = 2.2ghz
(I believe)

The AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo is guaranteed 2.2ghz; then again, it's $500.

The opties are hit or miss. They've mostly been 'hit' for single-core, but I don't know about dual-core.
Okay, g0dM@n, your busted. Get out of this thread right now before you end up in debt for life!:D
Hey, that $299 dual core was even giving me visions of sugar plums. (Let me see, how many dolls would it take?:))

Ri0 said:
I would think that you could have saved $100 and got the 165. THey should both OC about the same.

I wanted the 10x multi to possibly run ~280x10 1:1. I'm thinking that this is an optimisic goal but I wanted the flexibility. Afterall, we have seen dpgthing post his 170 @ 280x10 and he's having mobo problems... so such a stable clock might not be out of the question.

Why would u get this instead of the 3800+ ?

EDIT: stupid me.... missed the 1mb cache lol

still, is the cache difference worth the mhz?

bLack0ut said:
Why would u get this instead of the 3800+ ?

EDIT: stupid me.... missed the 1mb cache lol

still, is the cache difference worth the mhz?
If it overclocks well it will make up the MHz difference and has the cache to boot. Of course, "if" is the key operative word. The single core Opterons overclock well, but the jury is still out on the dual core.

rseven said:
If it overclocks well it will make up the MHz difference and has the cache to boot. Of course, "if" is the key operative word. The single core Opterons overclock well, but the jury is still out on the dual core.

We're gonna find out... :beer:

tom10167 said:
Is overclocking a top of the line dual core server processor necessary?

Yes! :D

And the man wins a cigar. It's a good quarter cigar. I smoked the other three quarters myself! (With apologies to Chico Marx)
Okay, harlam357, you win the door prize. :beer:
As for you, tom10167, they'll be no more of those silly questions or you girlfriend will have to stay after school! (Well, there be no fun keeping Tom after school:))(Apologies to Groucho Marx)
Honk! Honk! (Apologies to Harpo Marx)
Say, it's getting crowded in here. Sorry, but I think there's one person too many in this thread and I think that's me :burn:

tom10167 said:
I don't get the girlfriend thing, but it was just kind of a food for thought thing.

This is after all, OCforums.
Please never take my bad jokes seriuosly. They were all stolen lines from "Horsefeathers" circa 1932, starring, of corse, the Marx Brothers. All questions are welcome. Yours did make me chuckle. After all this is an overclockers forum! Are we men or mice? (Put a piece of cheese down in front of us and you'll find out.:))

Back