• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your suggestions on the OC Team Name

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is the Team name you feel we should have.

• [url]www.overclockers.com[/url] Seti Team

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Overclockers.com Seti Team

Votes: 61 76.3%
  • Overclockers Seti Team

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters

Yodums

OC SETI Members, we need your suggestions for the OC Team Name as it was changed to "Overclockers SETI Team" and since it is a group crunching under, we need everyones input! Please do not turn this into a "Who's the leader thread." The important thing is the name and it has to be resolved immediatly and it's currently causing heck of a lot of problems.

Here's my two cents:

The name should be, "Overclockers.com SETI Team." Overclockers.com because there are lots of overclockers in SETI and the .com seperates us from that group giving us a domain to tell them that's our territory! Like I said in the other thread. Tim and whoever had a point that the name was rather long yes, and Jeremy had a point we needed to slide something in to seperate us from the other overclockers.

I can't stand this problem any longer. It's sickening to see members leave because of a name so it must be resolved sooner or later.

I agree. I would vote to change it to "Overclockers.com SETI Team" .

That would be a start to addressing the major issues the Team is currently undergoing.

Cy

Yodums I think you have hit the issue on the head.

How about suggestions for the team name, and then a mod put a poll up.

I have two suggestions;

Overclockers.com Seti Team
www.overclockers.com Seti Team as it's ALWAYS been.
Overclockers.com ICEBOX : Thanks froggies!

Personally I feel that this would be the only Solutions as simply it has always been an 'extension' of Overclockers.

J :cool:

I think it's right that we should remain affiliated with Overclockers.com. I had no problem with the name as it was, but I don't think the www is needed. Overclockers.com SETI team sounds good to me. That would be my vote. ;)

(hadn't noticed this thread when I posted this before ;))

Just let me know guys when you want to go live with a poll if there are any name considerations now is the time to put them up here so that we can put a poll together to vote :)

Codeman05 said:
just outa curiousity, why "Icebox" ? Whats that for?
That is a nickname the froggies have given us since we tend to go to extremems (Peltiers and the like) to cool our systems to OC them :)

My attempt at humor :(

SpeeDj said:

That is a nickname the froggies have given us since we tend to go to extremems (Peltiers and the like) to cool our systems to OC them :)

My attempt at humor :(

Ahhh ok, makes sense now hehe :)

Back