• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newbie with an AMD 233

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GuntherDW

:confused: tell me how to overclock since my AMD 233 isn't that fast anymore :( , and all the degrees in °C and witch program to use and all i will be happy then :D

Check tips and techniques on the front page for a start. You probably have a lot of jumpers if its a socket 7, so learn more about ur hardware. Like what kind of mobo you have, and if u have the manual for it, read it. There's a program called cpucool which i think you can find on tweakfiles or shadow's ftp, but my temps were way off because of my mobo. It still reads the same sensor, and it had a nice graph. As for teaching you how to overclock, be prepared to do a lot of reading. Go through the old forum posts, or do a search. You'll get there:)

man when u do look up info on the cpu and mobo and and...just make sure u dont try to put it past 300mhz i have heard that K6 cpus by amd are built more towards there limit then intel and newer amd .... check out tomshardware.com there might be a howto on overclocking K6 cpus

You should start by finding the model of your motherboard and getting a hold of a manual. Learn what the options are for that board(ie. multiplier, voltage, FSB). However, I don't think you'll get much more from that CPU. :(

One thing to look for is if the board supports split voltages. If it does, you may be able to throw in a K6-2 CPU at up to 500mhz! I did just that to an old P166 system I have. There's a good guide to help you here: http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/01q1/010212/index.html

how do i know my moitherboard type and stuff?
and a pic of the game i can only play on this stupid pc!
btw , i have MMX

Turn off your machine and go watch TV or something :)

Really though, dont expect getting anything out of that processor. I tried a dozen or more back in the day and you have a better chance of winning the lottery

Back