• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When will "true" DDR400 come out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Cornell

Now that all DDR333s have been crippled to be crappy OCers (thank you very much Samsung! :mad: :argue: :mad: ), I'm guessing that the memory cartel is ready to unleash "true" DDR400 upon us. But when? I have a P4 1.8A and an Asus P4S533 sitting on my desk right now, laughing at me because I don't have any memory for them! Grrrrr..... :mad:

well ya know when ever it will be it wont be soon.. And when it does everyone will wait and see who the big overclocker will be.. So i would just try and get me some good stuff now to hold me off till then.. whicih could be months from now.

Try Mushkin,Cosiar 3200 or heh OCZ 2700 revision 3. Or theres a company out there called XtremeDDR Check them out as well.. Look in there vender link to buy some.

All the above are stated to use hand picked Samsung chips on good 6 layer PCB... So you shouldnt go wrong.

nooooooo...... avoid OCZ... please for the love of the memory gods avoid OCZ

beath in.... breath out..... better now...

Brian

No guaratee on when maybe by the end of july maybe august.
I don't think we will see any from other mfg's other than samsung until ddr-II and that stuff won't work in current ddr boards.

Mr. Cornell said:
Now that all DDR333s have been crippled to be crappy OCers (thank you very much Samsung! :mad: :argue: :mad: ), I'm guessing that the memory cartel is ready to unleash "true" DDR400 upon us. But when? I have a P4 1.8A and an Asus P4S533 sitting on my desk right now, laughing at me because I don't have any memory for them! Grrrrr..... :mad:

That's PC3200, no?

I ended up ordering a stick of Corsair XMS3200 512 MB because it was the only one out of all of those "guaranteed" to run at DDR400, even though it runs at the pathetic 2.5-3-3-6-2T timings.

I'm fully aware of OCZ's horrible reputation. And I've never heard of "XtremeDDR" before, though I checked out their site and it was slick. But Corsair is a company I trust, so they're the ones I went with.

Mushkin doesn't have a "guaranteed" to run at DDR400 product at this time.

holy crap that mem is awesome! and pc2100, that is crazy!
im happy with my 195 at 2-2-2. havent really tried 3-3-3-??
yet though.

i wonder what vdimm he was at ?

Mushkin sells a 256MB PC-3200 (DDR-400) Stick... it's "guaranteed"... it's back in stock and sellong for right arround $100 US

Brian

Just in case anyone still doesn't realize it, the chips on the Corsair, Mushkin, Xtreme and OCZ are NOT DDR400. They are overclocked 2700 sold as 3200. Samsung may ship the "CB4" PC3200 chips/Modules in July, but more likely August according to a Samsung distributer. In the meantime, the newer rev. Samsung "DTL" 2700 chips that are circulating do not overclock anywhere near as well as the older "CTL" rev. ones did.

Hmm...judging from the way you guys are raving about the Mushin Level 2, if this stick of Corsair XMS3200 sucks (it shipped today) I might have to send it back and get a Mushkin instead.

Back