• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Reboots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Juice_22

Registered
Hi, I'm new to the forums here & have been reading lots of good useful information. I've got a small problem with my new system. This is my first built system. Periodically I get random reboots. I used to get the blue screen, but I swapped motherboards, now it reboots. Could it be the Power Supply? I've also noticed that this mother board won't let me over clock at all, it gets really unstable.

When I run the computer the idle temp is between 26-30C With the Vcore at 1.23v.

Here are my specs,

Intel Pentium D 930
ECS P4M800PRO-M
Kingston 2GB PC4200 Dual Channel Memory
80GB W.D. & 300GB Maxtor Hard Drives
Samsung DVD Burner
250Mb Zip Drive
Nvidia GeForce 5200
Cooler Master Extreme Power RS-430
Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case
Firewire Add-on card
Pinnacle PCTV Pro Tuner Card
D-Link Wireless Card

At first glance all I see is ECS...ive had about 3 ECS boards and every single one was a POS. When you were getting blue screens what was the stop code it was giving you?

I was getting 0x0000009C... most of the time. I once got one that was 0x0000004C I think. Could it be the its just that I have a POS board? if so I'll get something better.

Back